Anyone in Albany area?

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still a work in progress with my set-up. I have some of the corals I could keep from my old reef. I have just put a bunch of Zoa frags in the 30 gal. I put my algae blenny in there but as you can see by the pics I am having a problem with the Algae building up on the frag plugs. What can I use for it? I plan on getting a 6 line wrasse. But I need something to get the algae and with the tank that small what? I tried a few Mollies but they didn't make it. I was going to try again and just acclimate them slower but now I wonder if they would be right because of the flow being what it is. I did notice that when they were in the tank the flow seemed to be a problem for them. The return is at about 150 gph and the power head is a sicce rated at 530 gph
fullsizeoutput_19ea.jpeg fullsizeoutput_19f6.jpeg

bigcheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...as you can see by the pics I am having a problem with the Algae building up on the frag plugs. What can I use for it? I plan on getting a 6 line wrasse.

Those are some really nice looking zoas. I'm not afraid to admit I'm a tad jealous!

Cleaning plugs with a little peroxide on a Q-Tip will work wonders on that algae. It's part of my arsenal and my regular frag dipping protocol... sw rinse, Coral Rx dip, sw rinse, Iodine (Seachem Reef) dip, peroxide the frag plug, into the tank.

Can't give you much advice on the sixline, except making sure he's going to be part of your long-term stocking plan. They can be real jerks, and should be added last. I prefer my Tomini tang and cerith / turbo snails for light algae cleanup duties.

Fiesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!
New to the site, wanted to see if any local reefing enthusiast on this forum are local to Albany area?

Looking for new friends to buy/sell and trade with.... Maybe some beginner SPS?

Thom

Im close to Albany............ Oregon. Haha. A wild guess u probably talking about the other side of our island?

MikeO5422

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clifton Park here, but all I have available for sale are spongodes...super big/vibrant tho. Happy to see so many ppl around here.

P.S. - somebody sell me some Millis please!!!

Joe's 220 Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad there are no reef clubs in this area. I would love to join one

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work right off exit 12.
f.y.i, theres a new LFS opening up in Ballston spa. Its fresh only for now, the salt section should be up and running by the end of the week.
Where in balston spa!?!?! ;Woot ;Woot

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious as well as I used to go to albany quite a bit(my mom moved to clifton park) before my mom died. I did find most salt stores in the capitol district be somewhat lacking(yes even eddies). Great fish selection, but lacking in the coral dept.

I remember about 20 years ago there used to be a huge aquarium store in latham(down the road from latham ford), forget the name now, but stopping into that store for FW stuff got me into the salty side.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back