Anyone in Albany area?

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think that was the name, I honestly don't remember. It was a huge store with giant glass wall as a store front.

Almost think it was someones name, similar to Eddie's. Of course back then it was only fish as coral was just not kept all that well.

Either way it really doesn't matter as it's no longer around. Just anecdotal on what got me into the salty side of the hobby.

link81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where in balston spa!?!?! ;Woot ;Woot

Right on route 50 next to big lots. North side of town. same plaza as subway. It's called Bensons Fish Room. I's not going to be a huge store, but its a new one, and super convenient. So i definitely plan on giving them as much business as i can..

Curious as well as I used to go to albany quite a bit(my mom moved to clifton park) before my mom died. I did find most salt stores in the capitol district be somewhat lacking(yes even eddies). Great fish selection, but lacking in the coral dept.

I remember about 20 years ago there used to be a huge aquarium store in latham(down the road from latham ford), forget the name now, but stopping into that store for FW stuff got me into the salty side.

Only ones i go to anymore are healthy pet in latham, and eddies.
the other healthy pet in Troy (maybe?) had a glass front with a corak section in the back right. they moved it all up to the latham location though. There were a couple more down that way, never really went there though. There was a coral place in downtown schenectady, another one with fresh upstairs and some salt downstairs. right on the main drag. Horrible parking lol. And i think something fishy moved locations, into the rotterdam mall maybe?

Jeepjeep_0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m in Latham area!! That fish store by Latham Ford was eddies, and then he moved the store out across from the Colonie Dump.

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Late to the party. I'm in Averill park. I have a bunch of everything and I am selling. Mostly SPS. Hit me up and I'll show you what I have available.

I remember the pet store in Latham. I don't remember the name but it wasn't just fish. They had exotic animals too. I remember right in front they had a large wild cat enclosure. It was further south on o from the old Eddie's location.

MVIMG_20190916_205750.jpg IMG_20190916_210020.jpg 00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190908212557690_COVER.jpg

link81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
might be an odd question, but does anyone have any GSP or pulsing Xenia? I want to put something interesting in my 8g BC at work.
no way am I paying retail for stuff most people throw out.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
might be an odd question, but does anyone have any GSP or pulsing Xenia? I want to put something interesting in my 8g BC at work.
no way am I paying retail for stuff most people throw out.

Ive got xenia you can have!!

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Late to the party. I'm in Averill park. I have a bunch of everything and I am selling. Mostly SPS. Hit me up and I'll show you what I have available.

I remember the pet store in Latham. I don't remember the name but it wasn't just fish. They had exotic animals too. I remember right in front they had a large wild cat enclosure. It was further south on o from the old Eddie's location.]

YES! That was the place. They were serval cats I believe. God I think that was 20 years ago. :eek:

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YES! That was the place. They were serval cats I believe. God I think that was 20 years ago. :eek:
That was probably more than 20 years ago. I think more like 30 years. It wasn't around when I started driving. I'm 34....

Jeepjeep_0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am in the Albany area and have a bunch of stuff to sell or trade locally. Broke down a DT kept some small pieces of everything for new DT and still have a lot of colonies that need new homes.

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m from Schenectady, we should all organize some meet ups/frag swaps.

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the Albany area and have a bunch of stuff to sell or trade locally. Broke down a DT kept some small pieces of everything for new DT and still have a lot of colonies that need new homes.
What do you got man? Feel free to pm me!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 115 58.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 58 29.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 70 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.4%
Back