Anyone know if the new Osmolator 3 still has the ear-piercing screech?

mdowney

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I so much as sneeze near my tank, my Tunze Osmolator 2 lets out that ear-piercing banshee call. It drives me crazy. Filter roll runs out, SCREEEEEEECH. Turn off the skimmer for a minute, SCREEEEEEECH. Water change with just a hair too much water put back in, SCREEEEEEEECH.

Anyone know if the new version changes that behavior at all? I know it has a new sensor so I'm hoping it may be slightly less annoying sensitive.

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I so much as sneeze near my tank, my Tunze Osmolator 2 lets out that ear-piercing banshee call. It drives me crazy. Filter roll runs out, SCREEEEEEECH. Turn off the skimmer for a minute, SCREEEEEEECH. Water change with just a hair too much water put back in, SCREEEEEEEECH.

Anyone know if the new version changes that behavior at all? I know it has a new sensor so I'm hoping it may be slightly less annoying sensitive.
I haven't gotten to try an osmolator 3 but you can remove the high-level alarm on the osmolator 2 by opening the controller and removing the included jumper.
Untitled.png

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just setup the new osmolator. Three sensors are in a round magnetic puck now (no mechanical float anymore), no water level display, and the pump is silent and seems more powerful.

I kind of liked the old high water alarm. With no display box and no alarm, there’s no indication of anything wrong without looking at sump level etc.

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I just setup the new osmolator. Three sensors are in a round magnetic puck now (no mechanical float anymore), no water level display, and the pump is silent and seems more powerful.

I kind of liked the old high water alarm. With no display box and no alarm, there’s no indication of anything wrong without looking at sump level etc.
Agreed and that is why I'm hesitant to get the new one. I have the new pump running on the old osmolator currently.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally hooked mine up a few days ago. No auditory alarm at all thats tripped for me. Has a green glowing led when its good and a red for higher then usual.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back