Anyone know what this is ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hottenfine
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hottenfine

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 4, 2025
Messages
6
Reaction score
3
Location
St. Petersburg
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Kenya tree from a local LFS, it was attached to a rock that looks like it has a dead Monti
20250904_121727_D3A73F99-A2AB-4107-B88B-D5854E32CF60.png

, but there are orange polyps coming off of it. Anyone know what this is?
 
I don't think that's a Monti. It might have been at one time but now those look like maybe hydroids or something. Unless it's something like a Styloconiella? I'm fairly certain the polyps are wrong for a Monti though.
 
I don't think that's a Monti. It might have been at one time but now those look like maybe hydroids or something. Unless it's something like a Styloconiella? I'm fairly certain the polyps are wrong for a Monti though.
I didn’t think it was part of the monti. The monti is fully dead. Someone mentioned maybe yellow polyp coral or snake polyp coral ?
 
I didn’t think it was part of the monti. The monti is fully dead. Someone mentioned maybe yellow polyp coral or snake polyp coral ?
Could be a Yellow Polyp. They kinda look similar to some of the Colonial Hydroids.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new