anyone try ginger treatment for ich

I think you need to understand the life cycle of ich/crytocarryon irritans, read the stickies.
Once you understand this you can immediately answer your own question.
Very true. If people would think of Ich in terms of it being an animal instead of a sickness it would be much easier to understand.
 
Ginger doesn't cure anything, it can perhaps assist fish in building a resistance to the parasite-- but that is often a ticking time bomb. Add velvet (which is now just as common) and you have a recipe for potential disaster, unfortunately.
 
i have heard people cut fresh ginger and throw in the water will treat the ich problem. does anyone try it out yet?
~super late reply~ I believe yes. It will help treat it but not cure it. One time my clown was really ill because I introduced an ich invested tang by accident. In a few days the clown developed webbing around its mouth and face and couldn’t eat. The hippo spread ich to all my other fish in matter of a day. I didn’t have medication or QT or anything available. I started dozing powdered ginger because I read anecdotal stories of it helping. It did - the webbing disappeared from the clowns face and he was able to eat and breathe again. The ich parasite seemed to have reduced its number on all my other fish. This bought me time and I was able to buy copper/ find a QT tank and then treat my fishies the proper way.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new