Anyone using the full ATI System?

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone using the full ATI system? ATI Essentials Pro, ATI Nutrition (C, N, and P) and regular ATI ICP tests? Would you share your thoughts and results? How long you've been using it (even if you just switched over from the Essentials to the Essentials Pro), and show some pictures of your tanks?
Thanks!

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do the Essentials Pro (formerly Essentials) and I have dosed the carbon to bring my nitrates down. I use my own phosphorus and nitrate though. I also have an ATI ICP test done every 4 months or so.

I’m very happy with it so far and it has been my most successful tank to date.

image.jpg

I’ve been using their system about 9 months now. I attribute a lot of my success to my KH Guardian as well though. It has prevented many spikes in Alkalinity!

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using ATI pro and have been using for almost two years. I however have a fuge with cheato. I feed the crap out of my fish and am currently dosing Brightwell coral aminos. I send in a test when I feel I need one. I test my water at home daily for alk and weekly for MG, ca, no3, and po4. I am happy so far, but still do a monthly water change and tank cleaning. 15% water change. I am happy so far as it’s easy to manage with my Doser. I however would like to hear what people think of the n, p and c. My last test came in two weeks ago, all good. I also add two drops of Iodine twice weekly.

OP
OP
Shredded

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do the Essentials Pro (formerly Essentials) and I have dosed the carbon to bring my nitrates down. I use my own phosphorus and nitrate though. I also have an ATI ICP test done every 4 months or so.

image.jpg

I’ve been using their system about 9 months now. I attribute a lot of my success to my KH Guardian as well though. It has prevented many spikes in Alkalinity!
Very nice. I have been using the Essentials Pro and have gone thru my first 10 liters of 1 and 2. I am using NoPox but I am getting ready to swap it out for the Nutrition C but I need to buy the N and P tomorrow. I am worried about switching from NoPox to C and not sure what the best way to transition is. right now, my Nitrate is 3 ppm and my phosphate is .04, but the nitrate is down because of the NoPox. if you look at the calculator they have on their site it says not to dose C at this time.

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. I have been using the Essentials Pro and have gone thru my first 10 liters of 1 and 2. I am using NoPox but I am getting ready to swap it out for the Nutrition C but I need to buy the N and P tomorrow. I am worried about switching from NoPox to C and not sure what the best way to transition is. right now, my Nitrate is 3 ppm and my phosphate is .04, but the nitrate is down because of the NoPox. if you look at the calculator they have on their site it says not to dose C at this time.

Thanks!

I think their goal for NO3 is 5-10ppm if I am not mistaken. That is why.

I’d just start slow and get it on a doser. It doesn’t take a lot to drop NO3 though so keep a close eye on it.

How is your tank looking after the first 10L dosing? Still doing water changes?

OP
OP
Shredded

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

I think their goal for NO3 is 5-10ppm if I am not mistaken. That is why.

I’d just start slow and get it on a doser. It doesn’t take a lot to drop NO3 though so keep a close eye on it.

How is your tank looking after the first 10L dosing? Still doing water changes?
I like the way things are looking so far. I like the ease of having the trace elements in with the calcium. I still do water changes, 50 gallons twice a month, ESV Salt, 300 gallon total volume. I have a new ATI ICP test that just arrived in CA today and should head for Germany tomorrow so we shall see in a few days. I am trying to test every two months. I wish they offered a package price for like 6 at a time. I have also started tweaking my lights recently which has caused a rapid rise in my uptake of alkalinity so I am trying to readjust to that. Attached are a few pics.

Last edited:

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the way things are looking so far. I like the ease of having the trace elements in with the calcium. I still do water changes, 50 gallons twice a month, ESV Salt, 300 gallon total volume. I have a new ATI ICP test that just arrived in CA today and should head for Germany tomorrow so we shall see in a few days. I am trying to test every two months. I wish they offered a package price for like 6 at a time. I have also started tweaking my lights recently which has caused a rapid rise in my uptake of alkalinity so I am trying to readjust to that. Attached are a few pics.

For some reason the pics didn’t come through.

I haven’t done a real WC in over at this point and I love it. I did fill a QT tank from tank water and replaced it with new saltwater once, but I don’t count that lol.

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great..

I need to order some lens filters. Ever since going back to an iPhone my pictures are no where near as good and I cannot adjust the warmth to remove the blue hue..

OP
OP
Shredded

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i picked up the IceCap clip on filter as an impulse purchase by the register when checking out at my lFS. Works fairly well but wish the attachment method was different although I have no idea how. Does a fairly good job.

Mai_Us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone using the full ATI system? ATI Essentials Pro, ATI Nutrition (C, N, and P) and regular ATI ICP tests? Would you share your thoughts and results? How long you've been using it (even if you just switched over from the Essentials to the Essentials Pro), and show some pictures of your tanks?
Thanks!
Yes I do.

IMG_9083.JPG IMG_9103.JPG IMG_9104.JPG

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg

I've been thinking of KHG for a while (most mature KH system around, priced well, seems like a simple design, and my wife and mom are both from Taiwan so i get the manufacturer and why it's set up the way it is).

I looked through your other threads. I take it you use it just for automated kh monitoring, and that you have a doser unconnected to it or your apex. If your kh changes you tweak your doser a bit until it becomes stable again? (only alternative I can think of would be to get a Neptune DOS and have it automatically adjust dosage based on the KHG's results)

Thanks!

magikfly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using essentials pro along with nutrition N and C. Got a fuge filled with caulerpa and chaeto. I dont do WC's and havent sent out an ICP since november. Love the Essentials Pro btw.
IMG_0277.jpeg

OP
OP
Shredded

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since this has been revived, I have a little update on my system. While I love the Essentials Pro, for me at least it's become very expensive to use. I dilute 4 to 1 and my daily use of #1 is 720 ml and for #2, it is 840 ml so I go thru 10 liters of each pretty quickly and at 208.00 plus tax it's a bit pricey. When I first set up the tank and bought all of the equipment, i bought a full calcium reactor setup that i never used. So I have gotten that set up and I am slowly turned up the output of the calcium reactor as I slowly lower the dosing of Essentials 1 and 2. The dosing is still being controlled by the KH Director, so my plan is to lower the dosing to a minimal level, making up the majority of the demand with the Calcium reactor, but still allowing the Director to adjust the dosing to maintain the calcium and alkalinity constant.

calcium reactor.jpg

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since this has been revived, I have a little update on my system. While I love the Essentials Pro, for me at least it's become very expensive to use. I dilute 4 to 1 and my daily use of #1 is 720 ml and for #2, it is 840 ml so I go thru 10 liters of each pretty quickly and at 208.00 plus tax it's a bit pricey. When I first set up the tank and bought all of the equipment, i bought a full calcium reactor setup that i never used. So I have gotten that set up and I am slowly turned up the output of the calcium reactor as I slowly lower the dosing of Essentials 1 and 2. The dosing is still being controlled by the KH Director, so my plan is to lower the dosing to a minimal level, making up the majority of the demand with the Calcium reactor, but still allowing the Director to adjust the dosing to maintain the calcium and alkalinity constant.

calcium reactor.jpg
Wow thats a lot of dosing. What size is your system.

Dude60415

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thats a lot of dosing. What size is your system.
If I recall correctly 300 gallon display. I to shall being going down the ati rabbit hole. Well hopefully not a deep hole. But I'm trying it out on 2 of my smaller systems. Based of his cost of 300 gallons and I have around 400 on the main system ill stick with the calcium reactor on there.

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, i have a 300 gallon system and been using ati essentials and haven't had to dose nearly as much...although i might not have the coral load you have.

Back