OP
OP
455Cutlassdave

455Cutlassdave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you've completed only the first step. Also, being brand new, the EB832 LEDs won't do anything until you program the outlets. It's very unlikely (not impossible) there's a hardware issue out of the box, more likely a user error. Go to their website here and follow the step by step.

Now that you have the orange light on the Apex you need to connect directly to it (as if it were an internet connection/router) then log in to the local dash to set up remote access and connect to Fusion. It's not a difficult process but you have to follow it exactly step by step.
I'm not sure I follow. I cannot power the unit using the EB833's plug. You cannot program something that is not getting power.

I spoke to tech support and they agree that it sounds like a bad unit out of the box. They are RMSing me a replacement. I just have to pay a 50 dollar refundable deposit.

In the meantime they want me to complete setup using the aux power supply and powering through the head unit. Thankfully I had a plug laying around that met the power requirements.

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either bad aquabus or bad EB832 12V supply. Far more likely the latter from the symptoms you have described so far. I would just have BRS send you a replacement. That would be fastest.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%

Back