Apex AFS question.

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Apex Controller and want to add a Automatic Feeding System. The Apex base unit has 2 Aquabus ports and the Energy Bar has 3. The 3 on the Energy Bar I have my 2 Cor 20s pumps and the jumper to the Apex Base unit. on the Apex unit I have the jumper from the EB832 and a Display Moduel. That uses all 5 ports .

Is there a module I can get that will give me more AquaBus port plugs so I can plug my AFS in?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every Apex module (except the Display) has at least 2 AquaBus ports, and they're meant to daisy-chain one module to the next, so you can never run out of AquaBus ports. Look at your COR20 modules and you'll see they have unused ports you can plug into.

DaisyChain.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 1.19.33 PM.png

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologies, I know this isn't what you asked... but I have an unused Neptune AFS because it is obnoxiously loud. Consider an auger-based system like the @AVAST Marine Automatic Feeder. You'll need a free outlet on the EB832, but you can control feeding at a per-second basis versus simple drum rotations. I highly recommend it to anyone considering an AFS.
  • Quiet as in the feeding mechanism is dead silent
  • Control [per second]
  • Significantly easier to access feeding drum
  • Helps hydrate food [i.e. food won't float on the top of the surface]
  • Keeps food in the water column
The last reason is what I attribute to my tank inhabitants being so danged happy since I switched to the new feeder.

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every Apex module (except the Display) has at least 2 AquaBus ports, and they're meant to daisy-chain one module to the next, so you can never run out of AquaBus ports. Look at your COR20 modules and you'll see they have unused ports you can plug into.

DaisyChain.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 1.19.33 PM.png
That answers my question. I forgot the Cor 20 controller had 2 ports. That will enable me to roll up the cord and stow it underneath the cabinet until I need it.

Apologies, I know this isn't what you asked... but I have an unused Neptune AFS because it is obnoxiously loud. Consider an auger-based system like the @AVAST Marine Automatic Feeder. You'll need a free outlet on the EB832, but you can control feeding at a per-second basis versus simple drum rotations. I highly recommend it to anyone considering an AFS.
  • Quiet as in the feeding mechanism is dead silent
  • Control [per second]
  • Significantly easier to access feeding drum
  • Helps hydrate food [i.e. food won't float on the top of the surface]
  • Keeps food in the water column
The last reason is what I attribute to my tank inhabitants being so danged happy since I switched to the new feeder.

I just happened to pick this one up 15% off.. 85 bucks so I already have it. The Avast does look like a good unit. I even looked at the Eheim Battery powered option. It is supposed to work well also. My EB832 is full.

Thanks for the answers.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back