Apex conductivity probe readings off

ctyler85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set up the Apex, it's been running for 4 days now, I initially set up the conductivity probe and calibrated it with that included solution. Placed it in the tank and it's reading 39.4, check the tank water witha Hannah salinity checker and it reads 35.3. I calibrated the conductivity probe a second time. It reads 35 when in the solution and then 39 when in the tank, I've read a lot of threads where this seems to be a common issue. Does anyone have a work around or a solution for this?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, a couple of things.
1. Enable TC (temperature conversion). I use a value of 2.1.
2. Let the calibration fluid soak in the sump near the probe for 10-15 minutes to match the temperature.

If that doesn't work to get a correct calibration (it should be between roughly 34.6 and 35.4), turn the probe off, unplug from the Apex, reboot the Apex, reconnect the probe and then re-enable the probe. Then try the calibration again.

OP
OP
C

ctyler85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, a couple of things.
1. Enable TC (temperature conversion). I use a value of 2.1.
2. Let the calibration fluid soak in the sump near the probe for 10-15 minutes to match the temperature.

If that doesn't work to get a correct calibration (it should be between roughly 34.6 and 35.4), turn the probe off, unplug from the Apex, reboot the Apex, reconnect the probe and then re-enable the probe. Then try the calibration again.
Sweet, I did the temperature conversion and set it at 2.2 like apex recommends and that brought me to 37.7, so getting closer. I just ordered another calibration fluid and will try soaking it in the sump and calibrating again. Thank you

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Try calibration
If no success, then see Neptune video on you tube
Had same and both steps got it back in functioning

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet, I did the temperature conversion and set it at 2.2 like apex recommends and that brought me to 37.7, so getting closer. I just ordered another calibration fluid and will try soaking it in the sump and calibrating again. Thank you
If you have a reasonably accurate kitchen scale, you can make some calibration fluid. Zero a pee cup on the scale, add 3.26 g of mortons sea salt, add rodi until total weight is 100.00g. Mix until fully dissolved, soak in tank to get up to temp for an hour (hour is to ensure fully dissolved bot to get to temp) and calibrate.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back