Apex Controller Question

Davisc1293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed a fan to come on at 79.6 and turn off at 79.6... the first day it worked great with the graph showing a very consistent swing from 79.6 to 79.7 back down to 79.6 and so on as the fan cycled on and off... it is still working great but today after messing around with some other things it is now going from 79.7 the fans come on and cool it to 79.5 and then going back to 79.7 I'm by no means complaining about this .2 swing. Just wondering if I am missing something because it was working "better" if you can even call it that.

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are better off with the .2 temp swing- on/off constantly will burn your fan out.

OP
OP
D

Davisc1293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are better off with the .2 temp swing- on/off constantly will burn your fan out.
I was more worried about the controller itself I used a very inexpensive PC blower fan like you'd see inside a laptop.... actually very effective for a tiny little fan... but I'm not gonna worry about it like I said I wasn't worried about the next to nothing swing was more curious what I could have changed lol

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was more worried about the controller itself I used a very inexpensive PC blower fan like you'd see inside a laptop.... actually very effective for a tiny little fan... but I'm not gonna worry about it like I said I wasn't worried about the next to nothing swing was more curious what I could have changed lol
Well. If it bothers you then just undo what you’ve changed to get it back to square 1 but yeah- if you’re not concerned with the continual on/off then you can’t do much better than a .2 swing :) similar to the wear on your fan, the switched outlet doesn’t have an infinite amount of on/offs either so you may want to consider that.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is to close of a swing between on and off for any sensor and controller. The margin of error of any sensor isn’t that close. I would at least change it to 79.6 and 79.3, and that is close. When I used my to Apex to control my fan I turned it on at 78 and off at 77 degrees.

At on and off at 79.6, it will never know to turn on and off.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Davisc1293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is to close of a swing between on and off for any sensor and controller. The margin of error of any sensor isn’t that close. I would at least change it to 79.6 and 79.3, and that is close. When I used my to Apex to control my fan I turned it on at 78 and off at 77 degrees.

At on and off at 79.6, it will never know to turn on and off.
While im sure the tolerance are not nearly that tight but it does seem to be doing a great job

Attachments

• 20210928_123925.jpg
    20210928_123925.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 27
Back