APEX Core 20 pump connection help

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, do you knowing i need anything extra, like I did with my Ecotech pump to connect the tubing on my Waterbox plumbing to it? I think it’s 1 inch flexible hose. Or do I have the fitments just to join right up?

U

User1

View Badges
Not sure what exactly you may need but it includes a union. I've added their info and product page below. Side note the Cor 15 and 20 both do. I have three of them 2x 15's and a 20. Love the pumps. Pretty dang rock solid and built like a truck. The body is really well built.

Note from the page:
INCLUDED FITTINGS
The COR comes complete with all the fittings necessary for most aquarium configurations (0.75″ output, 1.0″ input). But we’ve also included a 1.25” union for the output so you can connect the pump in a manner that will result in the least amount of head loss. Plumb your main return-line in 1.25″ and get the full potential of the COR pump – as much as 50% or more flow!

Here is the product page:

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what exactly you may need but it includes a union. I've added their info and product page below. Side note the Cor 15 and 20 both do. I have three of them 2x 15's and a 20. Love the pumps. Pretty dang rock solid and built like a truck. The body is really well built.

Note from the page:
INCLUDED FITTINGS
The COR comes complete with all the fittings necessary for most aquarium configurations (0.75″ output, 1.0″ input). But we’ve also included a 1.25” union for the output so you can connect the pump in a manner that will result in the least amount of head loss. Plumb your main return-line in 1.25″ and get the full potential of the COR pump – as much as 50% or more flow!

Here is the product page:
Thanks! With the ECOTECH I had to cut some plastic PVC, glue that into the union? Then put the flexible hose over that. I am assuming I will need to do the same?

U

User1

View Badges
Thanks! With the ECOTECH I had to cut some plastic PVC, glue that into the union? Then put the flexible hose over that. I am assuming I will need to do the same?

It is a union, smooth on the inside. No barb if that is what you mean. So if you are using silicon or flex that attaches to a barb then yes, probably. I'm using solid pvc so not sure I'm a good person to ask. If you haven't maybe also check the official Neptune forum on their portal - there is some good info there maybe they have covered this.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a union, smooth on the inside. No barb if that is what you mean. So if you are using silicon or flex that attaches to a barb then yes, probably. I'm using solid pvc so not sure I'm a good person to ask. If you haven't maybe also check the official Neptune forum on their portal - there is some good info there maybe they have covered this.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Thanks !

NPD_289

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just glued in a 3/4 inch barb into the 1 inch fitting.
20191104_120150.jpg

thecodingart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was 3/4 to one inch slip
I’m guessing one of these? Plus a one inch to 3/4 reducer?

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back