Apex delay setting

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can not get this one right, What I am trying to do is have a 5 minute delay on feed C and D for my ATO.
Here is what I have now, what needs to be changed please
ATO.PNG

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change the time
If Outlet ReturnPu3_2 = OFF Then OFF ( this line tells you if the return pump is off then turn off also)
If FeedA 000 Then OFF (default is 15 minutes)
If FeedC 030 Then OFF ( adjusted to 45 minutes
If FeedB 010 Then OFF ( adjusted to 25 minutes
Defer 010:00 Then ON this makes it wait 10 minutes after the return pump is turned on ( this is my skimmer program)

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change the time
If Outlet ReturnPu3_2 = OFF Then OFF ( this line tells you if the return pump is off then turn off also)
If FeedA 000 Then OFF (default is 15 minutes)
If FeedC 030 Then OFF ( adjusted to 45 minutes
If FeedB 010 Then OFF ( adjusted to 25 minutes
Defer 010:00 Then ON this makes it wait 10 minutes after the return pump is turned on ( this is my skimmer program)

Thank you Bob

I guess I should alway check myself before posting:rolleyes:
would this be correct then if I would like the ATO to turn back on. What I would like for the ATO to be off for 5 minutes after everything else on either after the timed default or I cancel. Dose that make since?
If Feed C 000 Then off Defer oo5 Then On ?

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No you don't need to turn it back on as the time will expired and it will automatically turn back on
That code is my actual code for my skimmer

And you don't want your Ato to turn back on if your turning everything else on at the same time if you do that the ATO will add water while it's still filling back up ( I'm presuming that's what your doing?

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No you don't need to turn it back on as the time will expired and it will automatically turn back on
That code is my actual code for my skimmer

And you don't want your Ato to turn back on if your turning everything else on at the same time if you do that the ATO will add water while it's still filling back up ( I'm presuming that's what your doing?
Yes sir, the sump will take a few minutes to even out after the pumps go back on.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And that is why I have the delay there. I don't want my skimmer or ATO to come on right away after I turned the return pump off and then on.
My ATO is a Tunze so I don't have the need to set other parameters

recess62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And that is why I have the delay there. I don't want my skimmer or ATO to come on right away after I turned the return pump off and then on.
My ATO is a Tunze so I don't have the need to set other parameters

I have the tunze . It drives me crazy when I feed cause of the alarm. I was thinking about turning it off during a feeding but when the thing turns back on it dumps water into the sump. Do you worry about your SG?

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the tunze . It drives me crazy when I feed cause of the alarm. I was thinking about turning it off during a feeding but when the thing turns back on it dumps water into the sump. Do you worry about your SG?
No that's why you want the delay when you turn it off. It gives the sump time enough to fill back up so the Tunze won't start

Here is my setting on my Tunze outlet
Fallback OFF
Set ON
If Outlet ReturnPu3_2 = OFF Then OFF
If FeedA 000 Then OFF
If FeedC 030 Then OFF
If FeedB 015Then OFF
Defer 030:00 Then ON

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But mine always dumps water whenever the power is turned back on
Hmm does it put too much water in the tank normally? I had to arrange mine so my reservoir is lower than my hose opening because it starts a syphon. You might want to check that

recess62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm does it put too much water in the tank normally? I had to arrange mine so my reservoir is lower than my hose opening because it starts a syphon. You might want to check that

Maybe I am confused. When I feed A my return pump turns off. My sump fills as my overflow drains. The tunze alarms because the sump has filled. I have the tunze placed high in the return chamber because I get microbubbles if the return chamber water level is lower. If I turn my tunze off during the feeding when the power turns back in the unit cycles on and the pump dumps water into the sump.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This how mine is setup for a 5 min. delay.

Fallback OFF
Set ON
If FeedA 010 Then OFF
Defer 005:00 Then ON
If Swx4_1 CLOSED Then OFF
If Swx4_2 CLOSED Then OFF

recess62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the tunze osmolator. It has an optical sensor and a float for high level alarm

nervousmonkey

LPS Lover, SPS Enabler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure to pay attention to @Bob Escher and @Salty1962 's programming, esp. the Defer statement. That will keep your Tunze from turning back on for the time specified.
Here is my Tunze ATO programming:

If Outlet Maint = ON Then OFF
If Outlet Vectra = OFF Then OFF
If FeedA 000 Then OFF
If FeedB 015 Then OFF
If FeedC 030 Then OFF
If FeedD 045 Then OFF
Defer 010:00 Then ON

Translating:
If I flip the outlet "Maint" On, then the Tunze turns off.
If my return pump is off, aka: If Outlet "Vectra" Off, then the Tunze turns off. If for some reason the return pump isn't on, I don't want that stupid beeping noise, so I turn it off.
The Feed times are already explained, and that is always just a personal decision based on who and what you are feeding.
Then Defer keeps is Off for 10 minutes, then allows it to go the On position. This doesn't mean that Apex will turn my Tunze On, it just means that it is allowed to be turned On. E.g., if I manually set the Tunze to Off instead of Auto, it will not turn back on.
Another example, if I have a program running somewhere else, let's say a Virtual Outlet to look at pH, since I use Kalk in my ATO, and the pH is already above my cutoff, I don't want the Tunze ATO to come on, so in this case as well, the programming I show above, even with the Defer for 10 minutes, will not turn my Tunze outlet back on, since the pH outlet is showing high.

Does that make sense @recess62 ? I think @jsker has it, but if there are any questions, keep posting. Bob and Salty are giving perfect instructions, just look at their programming.

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure to pay attention to @Bob Escher and @Salty1962 's programming, esp. the Defer statement. That will keep your Tunze from turning back on for the time specified.
Here is my Tunze ATO programming:

If Outlet Maint = ON Then OFF
If Outlet Vectra = OFF Then OFF
If FeedA 000 Then OFF
If FeedB 015 Then OFF
If FeedC 030 Then OFF
If FeedD 045 Then OFF
Defer 010:00 Then ON

Translating:
If I flip the outlet "Maint" On, then the Tunze turns off.
If my return pump is off, aka: If Outlet "Vectra" Off, then the Tunze turns off. If for some reason the return pump isn't on, I don't want that stupid beeping noise, so I turn it off.
The Feed times are already explained, and that is always just a personal decision based on who and what you are feeding.
Then Defer keeps is Off for 10 minutes, then allows it to go the On position. This doesn't mean that Apex will turn my Tunze On, it just means that it is allowed to be turned On. E.g., if I manually set the Tunze to Off instead of Auto, it will not turn back on.
Another example, if I have a program running somewhere else, let's say a Virtual Outlet to look at pH, since I use Kalk in my ATO, and the pH is already above my cutoff, I don't want the Tunze ATO to come on, so in this case as well, the programming I show above, even with the Defer for 10 minutes, will not turn my Tunze outlet back on, since the pH outlet is showing high.

Does that make sense @recess62 ? I think @jsker has it, but if there are any questions, keep posting. Bob and Salty are giving perfect instructions, just look at their programming.
Thanks!!! Guess I will have to aggravate @Bob Escher too!!!;)

recess62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When your power is turned back on to your Tunze after the defer does it pump water into your tank as the tunze boots up? I understand the programming. My question is to how to prevent the ATO from dumping water into the tank as the unit boots up. I feed several times a day. If I turn off the ATO with each feed then the ATO will dump water into the tank each time it boots up

Sorry I am confused.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back