APEX Disconnected from Fusion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reflective

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our power went out a couple times last night, and now when I try to connect to my APEX from Fusion I get this error: This Apex isn't presently connected to Fusion.
I clicked on the diagnos button and it said I should update the firmware.
I tried that and it just fails. Not sure what to do.
Screen Shot 2016-04-16 at 9.45.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-16 at 9.45.45 AM.png

Edit: The controller is working normally otherwise. Turning on lights and whatnot.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you trying to update wireless?

@143MPCo Alex knows his APEX thingies hoping he will shine a light on this.

If you have a wireless router turn the power off for 30sec and turn back on.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happens when the base cannot send data to Neptune server. Can you check to see if your computers or phone, tablet can access the web server of the Apex base? Use the display to find the ip of the apex and type that number to the address bar the browser....
I test this type by pinging the apex...divide and conquer!
Updated: I was not thinking straight. I think the local network and the apex base is fine. Just sending data to neptune server seems to be the issue here

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with all suggestions thus far...

Ping test Apex IP

Click cmd found in the search results for Programs. A black box with a flashing cursor will open; this is the Command Prompt. Type “ping” and then hit the Space bar on your keyboard. Type in the address you'd like to ping and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.

OP
OP
Reflective

Reflective

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the IP OK? I mean does it look like it is from the same subnet with your computer? Sorry I have to assume certain thing
Wasn't sure what that meant exactly, but after a few google searches I found that they weren't on the same subnet even though they were both connected to the same router. It's fixed now! Had to reset the router and the APEX to give it a new IP address.
Thanks everyone for the help!

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when in doubt... reboots work every time.:cool:

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok another happy hobbyist.
Now I'm going to take advantage of these APEX guru's or with other words
threadjacked.gif

This morning I had a internet outage for a few hours, no big deal but................ LOL there's always a but :rolleyes:
Well I had one outlet programmed for my micronano's but the outlet itself won't turn off the air pump all though my APEX tells me it is off:(
Did do the reset, disconnect the APEX from the EB8 and reset the router.
It seems to be connected and communicate as I can turn things on and off remote through ipad, iPhone and laptop.
It's blowing my mind and no bubbles as we speak :D

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ben, what outlet (number) is it plugged into?

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have #2 and #3 open.
I did also #2 but it will turn on when set on auto but it won't turn off.
It has been working for 3 weeks like this and it comes on at 00:05 and it turns off at 08:05 but not this morning :(

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try #4 or #8, you're not pulling enough power for the apex to sense if the outlet is on.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my bacVibe on #4 and my CaRx on #8.
I have a second EB8 but has my sump-pump on #4 that comes on every hour for 10 min to move the stuff in my sump and on the #8 I got a pump that I turn on when I do a WC to move water out the sump.
I guess I can move the WC pump to a regular and set the air pump on the #8.
Will move some stuff around tomorrow and will follow up.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, outlets #1-#3 and #5-#7 are triode for alternating current (TRIAC) solid state outlets. This issue with TRIAC controlled outlets is that they sometimes cannot detect very low powered devices and may not switch off correctly so the outlet stays in an on state.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks.
All I have to do is a larger air pump that the load stays........... I think :rolleyes:
vacuum-pump4-big.jpg

Or just get a extra EB8 or EB4 :p

BHHOWARD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn't sure what that meant exactly, but after a few google searches I found that they weren't on the same subnet even though they were both connected to the same router. It's fixed now! Had to reset the router and the APEX to give it a new IP address.

Just a suggestion:
You might want to consider assigning the Apex to a fixed (AKA static) IP address in your router. This might eliminate the issues when you have a power failure and would also allow you to use the apex web interface with a well-known IP address.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I reserved an IP address for my Apex so that it comes up the same every time, which helps ensure that the Classic app still works while I'm out and about if there's a Fusion issue. I figure I went through the trouble of setting it up before Fusion, so I might as well keep it working.

jlanger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I encounter this issue every single time I need to update my firmware; every single time.
And each time results in me getting a painful headache and a lot of trips back and forth from my computer to my tank.
I spend hours trying to figure it out with searching various on forums and, for whatever reason, I've been able to successfully update my Apex multiple times; by sure luck it works out and I have no idea as to what I did or why it happened.

I am very aware of not performing the update wirelessly and I connect the Apex to my Mac via a 25ft ethernet cable. I can navigate the directions of performing the update but when it comes to the installation being unsuccessful due to the failed unlock attempts, that's where I get frustrated. I admit that when it comes to understanding IP address, ports, blah, blah, blah... I don't have the patience or understanding of what it all means. I just have this mental block that doesn't allow me to grasp what is being told; similar to insurance policies.

I'm having a tough time understanding why these errors are consistent with this process.
Is there an updated step-by-step process for updating the Apex firmware that can be understood and followed by those that have a tough time understanding the IT language.
Our home is full of wireless devices so when it comes to having to shut down the router, there's a full family that gets interrupted and disgruntled. None of the other devices ever experience any inconveniences when needing to be added or updated; just the Apex.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

System notes:
Apex Controller with EB8, WXM Module and DOS pump.
Apple iMac running iOS X Yosemite.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back