Apex DOS DIY level switch?

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where’d you source the non contacts? I am definitely not in love with the opticals. They **** the bed pretty easy and MTBF is absolutely enormous. I’ve had some fail in a few weeks, others working fine for years. For example, I have 4 between two different RO storage vessels. On one of the storage containers, both sensors have failed at least once. On the other - been running fine for 4 years. The opticals in salt absolutely don’t last very long. The mechanicals are much more reliable.

androidx1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where’d you source the non contacts? I am definitely not in love with the opticals. They **** the bed pretty easy and MTBF is absolutely enormous. I’ve had some fail in a few weeks, others working fine for years. For example, I have 4 between two different RO storage vessels. On one of the storage containers, both sensors have failed at least once. On the other - been running fine for 4 years. The opticals in salt absolutely don’t last very long. The mechanicals are much more reliable.
I actually didnt buy them.....my brother found them...im pretty sure he found them on amazon, but i think u can find them on ebay as well....just make sure u get the one in the pic....there are several versions and he said it had to be that one.......i did a quick search on amazon and it seems to come up....not sure if they are comming from the usa or china..if china...might be a priblem getting them right now with this crazy corona virus problem........

bozoreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just curious.

Which parts do I need to buy on top of the board?

The diodes and connectors ?

Thanks

JVU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are fancy! I just used a generic 1mm header, some heat shrink, and shoved it in LOL.
UumDFs9.jpg

H5R9sfs.jpg
Do you have links or other help on where you found the wired male/male plug and the resistor? Or the full male plug with individual wires? I went to several local electronics and computer supply stores with no luck.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have links or other help on where you found the wired male/male plug and the resistor? Or the full male plug with individual wires? I went to several local electronics and computer supply stores with no luck.

That’s not something you can find With the resistor already there, I made it myself. Generic arduino wire, resistor, some heat shrink.

Last edited:

JVU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s not something you can find With the resistor already there, I made it myself. Generic arduino wire, resistor, some heat shrink.
Oh, I realize you put it together! I meant the parts. The wired 1 mm plug and specific resistor is what I was looking for. I guess I’ll just wastefully buy a big batch of resistors and full 6-pin plug online.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I realize you put it together! I meant the parts. The wired 1 mm plug and specific resistor is what I was looking for. I guess I’ll just wastefully buy a big batch of resistors and full 6-pin plug online.
Its just generic arduino header. Most definitly the wrong connector to use, but hey, it fit.

androidx1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious.

Which parts do I need to buy on top of the board?

The diodes and connectors ?

Thanks
The actual board was supplied by Cusereefer. and to get the non contact sensors to work, you actually remove the two diodes on the board.
Not sure if that answers your question.

bozoreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The actual board was supplied by Cusereefer. and to get the non contact sensors to work, you actually remove the two diodes on the board.
Not sure if that answers your question.

Gotcha.

Yea I saw his link to osh park with the board, but I'm not sure what comes with the board we get from him.

I've circled the parts that I'm not sure if it comes with the board or if we need to buy all of these individual parts.

My goal is to ultimately replace my current Break out box and use optical switches for ATO pump and RODI tank.

Thanks!

chrome_Xtc1tXEBgq.jpg

androidx1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is/was selling the boards with all the components included. he had two ways to order it.....one with the board already built, and another where he supplied everything, but you had to solder the components on.

He mentioned possibly making a new board that can use all three versions (Optical, mechanical, and non contact). but if you only want to use the optical then the board would work for you as is.

androidx1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is/was selling the boards with all the components included. he had two ways to order it.....one with the board already built, and another where he supplied everything, but you had to solder the components on.

He mentioned possibly making a new board that can use all three versions (Optical, mechanical, and non contact). but if you only want to use the optical then the board would work for you as is.
It also included the power supply

androidx1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what you are looking at is just the board only. When I purchased it, I bought the board and all the components from the following link. Though I think you should contact Cusereefer before you purchase to make sure he is still selling them.

bozoreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
what you are looking at is just the board only. When I purchased it, I bought the board and all the components from the following link. Though I think you should contact Cusereefer before you purchase to make sure he is still selling them.

I just filled the form and also tried to dm him but it looks like r2r blocked private dms.

:(

androidx1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent him a note over on neptunes apex community...lets see what he says

Worst case is u get the board and buy the compone ts at mouser or other...

androidx1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hehe!

Another question.

When I add the board to the cart, why does it say I added 3 for $23?

Also do you know how I can have the option to receive it already built ?

Thanks !
If you find that Cusereefer is no longer selling them, and you have no means to do the soldering of the board, I can offer to solder the components for you......You would have to send me the board and components and I can get it all soldered up. I am sure you can get the components here:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back