Apex DOS DIY level switch?

Dillon H

View Badges
Reaction score
CuseReefer,
I know this is an old thread. I was not on r2r, but googled and this thread came up. I did this mod to both of my dos units. It works flawlessly. I just wanted to thank you for sharing this info. I only signed up to thank you, but I’ll look around here a bit out of curiosity.

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

mal7887

View Badges
Reaction score
I ordered the boards and parts to do this MOD on my setup and it works great. Thanks again for sharing this and sharing the PCB files. Can't believe how cheap they are to get!

puffy127

View Badges
Reaction score
FYI, based on information in this thread, I tested out the contactless liquid level sensors with the FMM and it works! Thanks to all those in this thread!

puffy127

View Badges
Reaction score
I picked up the xkc-y25-npn sensors off of amazon. I did a quick test and they work pretty well. These are 4 wires but the "M" functionality is unknown make these effectively 3 wire. I suspect that "M" is sensitivity.
I'm still designing and printing out enclosures so I have not used them yet. Since I don't trust them I am going to mount 2 sensors for redundancy.
I decided to use 3.5mm audio jacks to make it easy to disconnect the sensor.
On the BoB board, I replaced the 390 resistors with a wire, should be a fuse. Theses sensors are open-drain and need a pullup so I installed the 6.8k resistors. I'm going to wire-OR the outputs from both sensors and use one switch input.
@AcanthurusRex, did you ever get these to work with the dos? I got them to work with a 3.5mm plug and the FMM, but couldn't get it to work with the dos. I can get the regular optical sensors to work with DOS, but not these.

dewy

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this hack. Hopefully I won't let my dosing containers run dry again.

For some reason we have a bunch of these 6 pin connectors at work that we don't use so I made my own jumpers. Works like a champ.

Dosplug.jpg

Cliff717

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi guys. Amazing what you guys are doing with these level sensors. I have a simpler problem I was hoping you can help me with. I have two ddr and the board on both of these pieces of crap have corrode to the point that she wires are falling off. I was going to just connect the wires with shrink tube butt connectors but I am unsure of which wires to connect. Can someone give me a wiring schematic?
thanks
Cliff

2CDD67AB-4FE4-4461-82D0-689BC5C6227B.jpeg

What's better food for you fish. A High Quality Frozen or High Quality Dry Food?

• High Quality Frozen

Votes: 128 76.6%
  • High Quality Dry

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (please post in the thread)

Votes: 13 7.8%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
GHL Advanced Technology