Apex energy bar issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter jasonm991
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jasonm991

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up my tank after about 3 years of collecting dust. Setting up the energy board and A3 and having an issue. I cant access the a3 from my app so I tried to reset it. On the energy board when pressing the reset button nothing was happening. I couldn’t feel anything moving or being pressed. Apparently I pressed too hard and something by clicked and the board shut off. Now, nothing happens unless I press the reset button. Everything is completely blank but once I press the reset button it turns on. As soon as I let go it shuts off again. Any ideas?
 
First unplug everything from the Energy Bar's outlets. If it stay on most likely one of your devices creating a short. The usual one is the heater.

EB8/EB6 look for the small, circular black or white reset button, if it pops out immediately you have a bad faulty unit most likely.

The EB832 models dont have a mechanical breaker. Unplug it 10 minutes to reset.
 
For the EB8: If the unit trips constantly with nothing plugged in, the internal power supply or relay board may have fried. You can submit a support ticket via the Neptune Systems Support page. Many reefers also use repair services like FixReef to replace damaged EB series power supplies. I got that from google. EB8's known to fail
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new