Apex Fusion coding PMUP

Noam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish to add PMUP to my Skim Buddy.
The skim buddy is equipped with optic sensor.
when skim buddy reaches a certain level, then turn on PMUP for x seconds.

The issue I have is if my skimmer runs crazy, how do I code the follwoing:
if skim buddy is full than run PMUP for x seconds
if the skim buddy is full for the 2nd time in 12 hrs. then run Pmup for X seconds , and turn off skimmer and send alert
Thanks

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish to add PMUP to my Skim Buddy.
The skim buddy is equipped with optic sensor.
when skim buddy reaches a certain level, then turn on PMUP for x seconds.

The issue I have is if my skimmer runs crazy, how do I code the follwoing:
if skim buddy is full than run PMUP for x seconds
if the skim buddy is full for the 2nd time in 12 hrs. then run Pmup for X seconds , and turn off skimmer and send alert
Thanks
I don't have a solid answer to your question, but in the absence of that specific code, you could run general defer codes after the original code ... something like "Defer 060:00 Then ON" ... this would space out your PMUP's evacuation and would deal with nutrients or dosing-related overflows. I'm interested to hear what other folks think, because this is something I'm wondering, too.

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is exactly what I am doing with my PMUP and my avast skimmate locker. Here is the code I’m using:

The code for the PMUP outlet is this:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Skm_h OPEN Then ON
Min Time 000:30 Then ON
Min Time 480:00 Then OFF

Skm_h is the sensor in the skimmate locker. When it goes open then the locker is full and needs to be emptied.

The Min Time 000:30 Then ON command will run the PMUP for 30 seconds whenever it is triggered. You can change this if you want to run your pump for longer.

The Min Time 480:00 Then OFF is part of the key to stopping the skimmer if it is overflowing. This means that it needs to remain off for 480 minutes (8 hours) before it can run again. So if the skimmer is overflowing it the skimmate locker will empty once, but then it can’t empty for another 8 hours. You can increase this if you want a longer delay.

The second part of the key is a virtual outlet that’s called SKM_H_DELAY. The code for that outlet looks like this:

Set OFF
If Skm_h OPEN Then ON
Defer 000:15 Then ON

This outlet gets turned ON if the Skm_h sensor (which is the one that detects when the skimmate locker is full) is open for more than 15 seconds. Normally the sensor will become open, then the PMUP will turn on, and in less than 15 seconds the PMUP will have lowered the water level in the skimmate locker enough that the Skm_h switch closes again and this outlet never triggers.

However, if there is a situation where the skimmer is overflowing then the skimmer locker can only be emptied once every 8 hours. In this case when it fills the second time the PMUP won’t turn on and the Skm_h sensor will remain open for more than 15 seconds and this outlet will go on.

Then I simply have a line in my skimmer program that says:

If Outlet SKM_H_DELAY = ON Then OFF

And a line in my email alert program that says:

If Outlet SKM_H_DELAY = ON Then ON

So this will turn off my skimmer and send an alert when the skimmer overflows.

This will also stop the skimmer and send an alert in the event that the PMUP fails for some reason or the line gets clogged and the skimmate locker doesn’t empty. Again, in that case the Skm_h sensor will be open for more than 15 seconds and trigger the alert.

You can adjust the 15 seconds as necessary, but you will want to make sure it is long enough that when things are running normally your PMUP will get the water level under the sensor within that period of time, but you don‘t want to to be so long that if the skimmer is overflowing that it might overflow and cause a flood since the skimmate locker isn’t emptying.

It’s also worth noting that this doesn’t permanently disable the skimmer in the event of a skimmer overflow. After the 8 hour delay the PMUP will run to empty the skimmate locker. This will cause SMK_H_DELAY to go OFF again and the skimmer will start running again. If it’s still overflowing then the skimmate locker will fill up again, but the programming will stop it from emptying a second time right away, so it will then stop the skimmer and alert you again.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back