Apex not communicating via aquabus

sogdog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did some clean up under my cabinet while adding an ato. No connections were changed, however the eb832 and apex head unit were disconnected from power briefly. When I turned everything on, I was getting a flashing logo on the Neptune (some say orange, looks more yellow to me). I originally thought it was the eb832, but I received a new eb4 and aquabus later that day (had bought it for the skimmer, dos pumps, and ato to be connected to). So new eb4 and cable, same issue. Probes seem to be working okay. Just things on the aquabus. I’ve tried different ports. Tried checking for corrosion. None of these things are obviously the issue. Any help would be appreciated

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seems like this is an issue for Neptune Technical support - not trying to punt - but - it could be 100 things

Upvote 0

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seems like this is an issue for Neptune Technical support - not trying to punt - but - it could be 100 things
And btw - have had similar issues

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

sogdog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Completely agree. I have an appointment with them tomorrow but that’s 48 hours with low flow. That’s my chief concern. Everything else has been handled or can be handled by doing it manually or just running them stand alone.

Upvote 0

jassermd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar issue and almost lost my mind trying to figure out what was happening.
Turned out that one of the aquabus cables on a distant box was not fully plugged in, and since they are all daisy chained, once that one went off line, anything downstream from it was impacted.
As you wait for Neptune support, you may want to go module to module and ensure ALL the aquabus cables are plugged in and clean. Not just the ones into the Apex "brain" or the EB that went off line.
When I had this happen, it was the one plugged into the FMM module which wasn't any where near the Apex or EB.
Just a thought...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

sogdog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar issue and almost lost my mind trying to figure out what was happening.
Turned out that one of the aquabus cables on a distant box was not fully plugged in, and since they are all daisy chained, once that one went off line, anything downstream from it was impacted.
As you wait for Neptune support, you may want to go module to module and ensure ALL the aquabus cables are plugged in and clean. Not just the ones into the Apex "brain" or the EB that went off line.
When I had this happen, it was the one plugged into the FMM module which wasn't any where near the Apex or EB.
Just a thought...
Considered this and disconnected the aquabus from everything except the power bars. Then with a new aquabus I tested both on every outlet. They all came back the same.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

sogdog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: apex customer service confirmed my head unit was no longer working via aquabus and are sending me a replacement. Was annoyed that this happened but they didn’t give me a hard time at all once they diagnosed whatever. So I guess I’m still happy overall. I bought a cheap plug and play fan for movement until the new unit gets here and then I’ll probably just keep as a back up in the future if anything happens.

Upvote 0

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back