Apex not connecting

Big Smelly fish

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question for all the apex experts. My unit was purchased December of 22. Work up until about two weeks ago . I get a pop up stating not connected.

In the WiFi mode the lights on the controller just keeps changing color. It apex doesn’t show up on my WiFi. With the Ethernet cable the unit flashes really fast blue light.
I have been in communication with Neptune and put a work ticket in. They asked me to give permission so they can long into my fusion.
I can give permission because of a pop up box that can’t be closed. Do that’s not working.
The going back and forth is a pain because they take so long to respond. I think the unit is bad from what I read and needs to be replaced.

Here is the pop up I’m talking about. Thanks
IMG_2194.png

August

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, if the device is not able to connect to the internet, then giving access to your fusion account will do little... I found two posts on the apex community forms about the blue light, when you plugged in the Ethernet cable, how long did you let it sit before you pulled the cable out? one user reported that a fast blue flashing eventually turned solid orange after 20-30 minutes.

the other post just said that you should connect to the local version of the apex web server instead of the one on the internet.

i don't know if apex supports WPA3 wireless security yet, so might need to make sure you have a WPA2 ssid device for it to connect to. I have always used wired.

Best luck on the troubleshooting. :)

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question for all the apex experts. My unit was purchased December of 22. Work up until about two weeks ago . I get a pop up stating not connected.

In the WiFi mode the lights on the controller just keeps changing color. It apex doesn’t show up on my WiFi. With the Ethernet cable the unit flashes really fast blue light.
I have been in communication with Neptune and put a work ticket in. They asked me to give permission so they can long into my fusion.
I can give permission because of a pop up box that can’t be closed. Do that’s not working.
The going back and forth is a pain because they take so long to respond. I think the unit is bad from what I read and needs to be replaced.

Here is the pop up I’m talking about. Thanks
IMG_2194.png

To clarify you do not see the Apex on your local network? I'm not sure what you are running network/router wise but you do not see it, no IP, etc?

OP
OP
Big Smelly fish

Big Smelly fish

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes , the apex stop showing and lost connection.
Neptune is taking care of it now. They said it needed to go to them. They are sending me one.

I was just asking here if anyone knew if it was something I could do to get it back online

codycolina707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes , the apex stop showing and lost connection.
Neptune is taking care of it now. They said it needed to go to them. They are sending me one.

I was just asking here if anyone knew if it was something I could do to get it back online
Had the sane thing happen to mine they gave me a refurbished one with no cost got my full deposit back pretty sure it's got something to do with it shutting off during a update and it pretty much bricked the system

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.1%
Back