Apex Power Failure Question

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:); the whole point of having notification is to not having to look at the fusion page all the time.

OK, I think I only need notification when Apex is disconnected to Fusion. Any suggestion?

Thank you

it won't but you should be able to see that the status on the fusion site shows disconnected.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my apex/s, hubs, and ISP modem all on UPS's, the 12v adapter is connected and enabled, if the power goes out to any of my eb8's I get an email, additionally I also get an email when the power is back on.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to go cheap for now. I do have an UPS, but I have seen the battery goes bad too. The best way is not to need one :)

Someone here posted another web site that can do that for you, but I was not comfortable putting my ID and PW to a third party web site so I did not use it

I have my apex/s, hubs, and ISP modem all on UPS's, the 12v adapter is connected and enabled, if the power goes out to any of my eb8's I get an email, additionally I also get an email when the power is back on.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to go cheap for now. I do have an UPS, but I have seen the battery goes bad too. The best way is not to need one :)

Someone here posted another web site that can do that for you, but I was not comfortable putting my ID and PW to a third party web site so I did not use it
You can use reeftronics.net but will need to setup port forward on the ISP firewall...
http://www.reeftronics.net/apex-guide

this permits anonymous (public) access to the read-only data available in XML.

and they will send out emails when the apex is disconnected.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm, It might have been you that gave me that link before LOL!
I have the port forwarding setup already. I just don't feel comfortable giving reefTronics my apex info :). 1 guy Fusion knows is bad enough, I don't need 1 more variables :)

Thanks for the link though

You can use reeftronics.net but will need to setup port forward on the ISP firewall...
http://www.reeftronics.net/apex-guide

this permits anonymous (public) access to the read-only data available in XML.

and they will send out emails when the apex is disconnected.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don't feel comfortable giving reefTronics my apex info :)

you DON'T need to give them your user id or password, just the external IP of the ISP router.

think of it this way, the XML is read only, no apex username or passwords, they just look at the data and set it up so it's in a user friendly GUI for you to read, if the apex goes down you get an email sent to the address you entered when you setup the reeftronics account.

if you don't want them having access to the XML data itself, that's different and I respect and understand:).

Last edited:

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I missed this the last time. I am going to give it a try. Thanks again

"
  • The Open XML Access feature must be enabled. This option is found on the Configuration->Network setup page. This permits anonymous (public) access to the read-only data available in XML. Your Apex must be rebooted after enabling this feature for it to actually take effect.
"
you DON'T need to give them your user id or password, just the external IP of the ISP router.

Last edited:

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uhh, the guy that runs (owns) reeftronics has already been posting in this thread.

He's pretty trustworthy and respected.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Russ, I got it. It works. I forgot 1 major thing I have not disclose :).

Is there a way to turn off the notification for some period of time during the day? Say, do not check if the time is between 2am and 6am pacific standard time :). Also when I go on vacation I do not turn the router off.....can I turn the checking on for 24-7 until I am back?

I turn off my router every day for a few hours....at night....when I am not really using the internet. That helps controlling over night Youtubing issue :). I used to have to replace the router every year because they don't last. Since I started doing this, I have not had to replace the router for the last 3 years.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back