APEX Programming to turn off after X days?

Albertan22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to set a virtual output to turn off after it’s been running on Auto for 20 days? Maybe using a When command? I’d like to set my auto water change to turn itself off after 20 days since that’s about the amount of saltwater in my reservoir. I’ve been struggling with programming but nothing seems to work. #apexusers

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately the longest timer in Apex programming is 999:99 minutes, which equates to 16 hours, 39 minutes, 59 seconds. In theory you could create a series of virtual outputs, one triggering the next, but it would be a programming mess. Or perhaps the DOW command combined with virtual outputs, but you can only specify certain days of the week, so it wouldn't be able to start a timer on demand.

Your best bet is to install a float switch or optical sensor in your reservoir so your programming can simply monitor the switch Open/Closed status.

See my tutorial on Apex Timers here: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptune-apex-programming-tutorials-part-2-timers.689/

OP
OP
Albertan22

Albertan22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was afraid of that. My reservoir is on the other side of the house and I had to fish the RO line through several walls and ceilings, unfortunately I didn’t run any wire with it so getting a float switch setup wouldn’t be easy unless I could figure out some kind of wireless option.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 80 47.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back