Apex Saved Me

ReeferDave01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I travel quite frequently and when Im not home my family feeds the frozen cubes daily and cleans Reef Octopus skim. Everything else is automated from water changes, ATO, feeding flake foods 3x a day, etc. This week while out of town I start getting Neptune Apex alerts that aquarium temperature is dropping. Usually I dont worry too much if there is a light swing (I normally have 1 degree variance). But this time it was dropping, and rather rapidly on my 350g total system volume. Went from 80 to 79 to 78 to 77 and still dropping. I checked Apex, everything was normal. Checked heaters, both were on and heating (wattage was on). Went on weather.com and checked weather back in Phoenix & it showed 55 degrees outside. We have 3 small dogs. Several phone calls & turns out my daughter left back door open so dogs could go in & out while she went to work. In doing so, the whole house temp dropped drastically. I told my son to close all doors. Remotely I turned my Nest thermostats on to 78 degrees heat to stabilize house temp. Over course of hour home temp went up and then slowly aquarium temp started to rise. It dropped to 76.6 degrees at lowest. If it wasnt for Apex & home automation, I would have suffered a large loss. That right there was worth the money spent. Thankfully no casualties.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back