Apex shut down then restarted itself several times in a row.

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shut itself down with a audible "click" and my lights went off. My pumps are pretty silent and I have my return plugged directly to the wall outlet so I'm not 100% sure everything shut down, but pretty sure.

Shut off, 20-30 seconds and everything came back on.

Minute to 2 minutes later it happened again, 20-30 seconds back on.

This continued 4 or so times. Its been about 20-30 minutes with no such event.

I tried to re-create the event by turning all outlets on to see if it was an overload or bad heater or something but can not get it to recreate the issue.

Nothing new has been added to the tank, its been running flawlessly since the beginning of the year. I'm not sure if they pop was from the unit or from my solenoid on my CARX co2 setup. Gives and idea of the audible level of the "click"

This happened during my radions ramping down, so it wasn't at peak draw. One eb8 (with radions and heaters) is luke warm to the touch but nothing out of the norm. Same goes for the radion drivers.

Anyone experience anything like this? All other electronics in the home seem fine. No lights flickering at the time of the event either.

VikS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One reason might be if your Wifi signal is getting disconnected. Check the heartbeat functionality to see how the connection has been. I had similar issue all of a sudden a few months back. Helpdesk asked me to hardwired Ethernet - but I just restarted all routers and it was back to normal.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One reason might be if your Wifi signal is getting disconnected. Check the heartbeat functionality to see how the connection has been. I had similar issue all of a sudden a few months back. Helpdesk asked me to hardwired Ethernet - but I just restarted all routers and it was back to normal.
Mine is hardwired.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hardwired as well

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FB_IMG_1551700992464.jpg
Someone posted this from support on Facebook.

dcuevas74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahah same happened to me. I turned everything off and rebooted thinking that fixed it but I guess it was them.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm...now this has me rethinking my centralized management strategy. Any idea how many times it would reboot before it gave up? And why does it need to reboot to reconnect, does it run Windows ME?

That, I don't know, but my concern over a single point of failure is why my return pump goes straight to the wall. I might not have heat, but that will take a while to be an issue. I might not have waves, but that will take a while before nutrients build.

What made me set it up that way? Well, unknown to me, my Internet was constantly going down. Modern video buffering kept Netflix smooth, but the kids video games lagged a bit. We cracked it up to too many users. At this time, my Apex kept rebooting, shutting down everything including my return. I eventually tracked down the Internet issue by harassing my ISP until they found a faulty piece of equipment a couple of blocks away and the Apex has been flawless ever since.

Surfside74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same thing last night now my pm1 module is not working right and my second temp probe from that module is not reading. Have to wait till get home tomorrow to see if I can get the pm1 module reconnected.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back