Apex text alarms

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had trouble with text message apex alarms? I stopped receiving them and now fusion says I can’t add my phone # because text messages were bounced back. Any clue as to contacting apex support or carrier to fix this?

TIA

Stacey Yearout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is doing the same thing and now its showing its has no internet connection and it hook back on it has did this like 250. Times in the last 24 hrs

OP
OP
mich2599

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reached out to Neptune and received a BS response saying they block the number when a carrier bounces back the texts. Then what is the purpose of having an Apex if you are not going to be notified of alerts? I live in a rural area where I only get texts d/t poor service, that why i liked getting text notifications. Another reason to move away from neptune products. Won’t even let me add my email as a backup, which is recommended by Neptune themselves. Totally useless.

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remove it and add it back when your phone is connected to service. It doesn't remove it if texts bounce back after its setup. It only does that on initial setup. I have had my alerts setup without one single issue for 10 years and I very often work in remote areas with no service.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought that if you use the fusion app you do not need to set up phone text because all the alerts go to the app and alert you? I stopped getting texts when I got fusion app

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought that if you use the fusion app you do not need to set up phone text because all the alerts go to the app and alert you? I stopped getting texts when I got fusion app
You don't have to, but I always have as a backup. Only time the push notifications didn't work was for a brief time when battery optimization put fusion app in the "don't work in background" area and I noticed it when I got a text and no push notifications.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have to, but I always have as a backup. Only time the push notifications didn't work was for a brief time when battery optimization put fusion app in the "don't work in background" area and I noticed it when I got a text and no push notifications.
Hmmm you must have android. I love my iPhone :)

OP
OP
mich2599

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remove it and add it back when your phone is connected to service. It doesn't remove it if texts bounce back after its setup. It only does that on initial setup. I have had my alerts setup without one single issue for 10 years and I very often work in remote areas with no service.
Won’t work, neptune itself blocked the number as apparently the messages were bouncing back. They have a policy to not unblock the numbers for some reason.

OP
OP
mich2599

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah sometimes the app doesn’t notify so it was nice to have a second way of notifying me if something went nuts.

Last edited:

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Won’t work, neptune itself blocked the number as apparently the messages were bouncing back. They have a policy to not unblock the numbers for some reason.
I have a strong suspicion you are misinterpreting what they said. I have seen lots of people show blocked on initial setup that later got it working.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah sometimes the app doesn’t notify so it was nice to have a second way of notifying me if something went nuts.
Hmm been apex user for about 10 years now been using fusion since came out can’t remember how long but been years and never had an issue. I would assume this has something to do with your Internet service at home may be spotty

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both and wish I could smash my work iPhone with a brick. Nothing works the way it should on an iPhone and I only use it at all because we didn't get a choice between iPhone and Android at work.
But I did guess you’re using android because those are android problems

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I did guess you’re using android because those are android problems
Doesn't sound like you've ever used an android. Comparatively android is seamless. Video calls actually work, sending pictures and messages actually work, I can use emulators, I can use macros, apps can actually talk to each other seamlessly, entering GPS coordinates actually gets me to my destination instead of 50 miles away, I can actually transfer important thing like messages from an iPhone to android (Doesn't work the other way), I have the freedom to use whatever calender messaging phone app I want instead of being forced into only what Apple made, it integrates well with PC.

Apple stopped being better more than a decade ago. They were pretty good when Steve Jobs was micromanaging everything, but as soon as his health started declining and died, Apple fell way behind and resorted to dumb tactics like limiting video quality to 240p when sent to an android device to try and lock people into staying.

That little hiccup in notifications was because I didn't use my fusion app for more than 30 days and android doesn't let apps work in the background unless you have used them in the last 30 days or add them to the exception list.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't sound like you've ever used an android. Comparatively android is seamless. Video calls actually work, sending pictures and messages actually work, I can use emulators, I can use macros, apps can actually talk to each other seamlessly, entering GPS coordinates actually gets me to my destination instead of 50 miles away, I can actually transfer important thing like messages from an iPhone to android (Doesn't work the other way), I have the freedom to use whatever calender messaging phone app I want instead of being forced into only what Apple made, it integrates well with PC.

Apple stopped being better more than a decade ago. They were pretty good when Steve Jobs was micromanaging everything, but as soon as his health started declining and died, Apple fell way behind and resorted to dumb tactics like limiting video quality to 240p when sent to an android device to try and lock people into staying.

That little hiccup in notifications was because I didn't use my fusion app for more than 30 days and android doesn't let apps work in the background unless you have used them in the last 30 days or add them to the exception list.
Again this is why everyone is entitled to there own opinion. And I completely disagree with yours

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a global problem with fusion currently amd not just you.

Screenshot_20220919-203512_APEX Fusion~2.jpg

OP
OP
mich2599

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a strong suspicion you are misinterpreting what they said. I have seen lots of people show blocked on initial setup that later got it working.

Don’t think so, clearly states “we” as in them.

Attachments

• F02A6105-B65F-4AA6-ADF3-2B334C1BA1E4.jpeg
    F02A6105-B65F-4AA6-ADF3-2B334C1BA1E4.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
mich2599

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Entire email I received just for clarification.

Attachments

• 62E8018E-70F3-4310-9521-A25093E24A46.jpeg
    62E8018E-70F3-4310-9521-A25093E24A46.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 45

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back