Apex Trident help

  • Thread starter Thread starter theturk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

theturk

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2012
Messages
36
Reaction score
2
Location
Mansfield, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a trident from a friend -- set it up and working great. My reagents got low so I purchase new bottles. Swapped them out, and did a calibration using the paraments in the sample bottle.

Prior to the change, my ALK was around 8.1, CA around 450, and MG around 1500. After I made the switch, my tests are coming back ALK around 8.1, CA around 320 and MG around 1500. I used my Hanna CA checker and got CA around 450. I tried calibrating it again. Same result.

What should I believe. Hanna is consistent with pre-reagents swap but Trident is not.
 
Get a third test somewhere as the tiebreaker.
You could also swap out the CA reagent to see if it was a bad bottle.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new