Apex Trident

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulk reef supply had 60 for sale starting at 11:45pm last night, I ordered mine at 11:50 and there was 40 left in stock still... just got an email from them today saying they oversold and I'm on back order... that will be my last ever order with BRS. I defiantly ordered before most since it wasn't suppose to drop until midnight and they pushed me aside anways

giphy.gif

steve bergmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea I was going to order mine too but they were already sold out. I guess my wife was happy to hear the news.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulk reef supply had 60 for sale starting at 11:45pm last night, I ordered mine at 11:50 and there was 40 left in stock still... just got an email from them today saying they oversold and I'm on back order... that will be my last ever order with BRS. I defiantly ordered before most since it wasn't suppose to drop until midnight and they pushed me aside anways

It is possible that multiple people were checking out the same time you were, and 60 sold before you completed your order, but the inventory counter did not update.

BTW 60 x $599.5 = $35997... Not to shabby for sales while the office is closed.

Last edited:

nyknicks2544

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You and me both...what time did your order execute? Mine was 2:58ish.

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you guy know about the exact time of sale started? I missed it.

Hitch08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There were a couple posts on reef2reef that mentioned/linked to their Facebook page. The start of the sale was announced during one of their "Let's Talk Reef" presentations. Terence and another fellow did about an hour and 15 or 20 minutes on it.

Then again, BRS started selling them a good 20 minutes before they were supposed to.

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There were a couple posts on reef2reef that mentioned/linked to their Facebook page. The start of the sale was announced during one of their "Let's Talk Reef" presentations. Terence and another fellow did about an hour and 15 or 20 minutes on it.

Then again, BRS started selling them a good 20 minutes before they were supposed to.

I got mine around 2:50am eastern

Orcus Varuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any reviews from the few that got their hands on one? Any issues or bugs to report?

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mine up and running on my Frag System since May 21st. Install and setup were ridiculously easy. After 4 days I calibrated and a week later I let it control my Alk/Calcium dosing. No issues and I am very pleased with how this product works. I had been using a Hanna Checker for my Alkalinity and after getting the Trident calibrated I see that I have been running higher alk than I wanted. I checked my hanna with a calibration cuvette and sure enough its off and underestimating. It is several years old so I'm not surprised.

In any event, the Trident works as advertised. My alkalinity swings are less than .2 with it controlling things. I'm very happy. Yes I don't really need to check calcium and magnesium twice a day but it is was its is and honestly in my opinion our reef systems are no different than caring for a sick patient in an ICU- data is gold and you can never have too much of it.

Just my general impressions.

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Debating whether to get one of these. Following.
Don't debate, because of limited stock, you can't get one anyways because they're all sold out unless you buy for for 4 times the amount on ebay.

Chipp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't debate, because of limited stock, you can't get one anyways because they're all sold out unless you buy for for 4 times the amount on ebay.

The ones on ebay that have make offer i like to make an offer of $2.99 just to mess with them.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back