Apex Trident

steve bergmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be awfully brave to let the Trident control your doser considering how unreliable I have found their probes to be.

steve bergmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be awfully brave to let the Trident control your doser considering how unreliable I have found their probes to be. I think letting the Trident be just a tester is the wise move.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be awfully brave to let the Trident control your doser considering how unreliable I have found their probes to be. I think letting the Trident be just a tester is the wise move.

The probe argument makes a valid point. I would use it just as a tester too.

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rushed to get the 2016 Apex and bought one of the first units that came out. Had a unit among the defective ones and ended up replacing it twice. Neptune gave me superb support, but I ended up returning it and buying it again a few months later when they fixed all bugs.

Waiting for the product to mature and get tested is a good thing. Im positive neptune learned their lesson with the launch of the ‘16 Apex and they will not rush.

Im excited though and will buy a Trident for sure

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting for the product to mature and get tested is a good thing.

I'm unsure how robust the beta testing of this stuff really is. I never get asked and none of the advanced reefers I know ever get asked ..... maybe they just ask folks that are good at posting youtube videos :D. Anyhow, lots of stuff seems to 'slip' through, so I'd not be confident at all that all the bugs will have been worked out by launch. I am sure they will work them out though. FWIW, I completely agree with the earlier sentiment to let Trident just be a tester (and an alerter). I have found it most unwise to let probes or reagent tests actually dictate the dosing of something.

DUMBO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone heard anything new about the release date?

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the trident have 3 pumps for the dosing of the 3elements it’s testing? Still no real help for us with CaRx as far as using it beyond a daily tester.
The good thing about the delay is it allows me plenty of time to upgrade to the newer apex.

Corey

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the trident have 3 pumps for the dosing of the 3elements it’s testing? Still no real help for us with CaRx as far as using it beyond a daily tester.
The good thing about the delay is it allows me plenty of time to upgrade to the newer apex.

Corey
It won't have any dosing pumps from what I understand. You should be able to integrate with a Neptune DOS or two in order to make it control the big 3.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better to release it 'right' than 'fast'. I think Neptune mostly does good job of releasing stuff when it is ready.

DUMBO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want an update on the release date for something I’m going to pay $600+ for & have bought thousands of dollars in apex gear to run.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want an update on the release date for something I’m going to pay $600+ for & have bought thousands of dollars in apex gear to run.

So far this year’s update has been “delayed”

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It is generally unwise to buy tech based on future products or features - even if they've already been 'announced'. Caveat emptor. Buy/upgrade to 2016 Apex based on what it can do today, not the future.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is generally unwise to buy tech based on future products or features - even if they've already been 'announced'. Caveat emptor. Buy/upgrade to 2016 Apex based on what it can do today, not the future.

This is so true.

DUMBO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Should have clarified, I was especially excited for it, but I was going to buy the Apex anyways.

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was on another thread about this, very excited and everyone is waiting but I’m sure once they have it right it will hit the market

DUMBO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune’s reasoning is that it’s a manufacturing problem, not an actual technological problem. Are they generally honest about stuff like that?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back