Apex Trident

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune’s reasoning is that it’s a manufacturing problem, not an actual technological problem. Are they generally honest about stuff like that?

Honest or not. No one outside of Neptune has seen it.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune’s reasoning is that it’s a manufacturing problem, not an actual technological problem.

That sounds like splitting hairs to me. If something cannot be manufactured, the fact that it may work in the lab is pretty much moot. Curious where you heard that - somebody from Neptune? I used to be an enthusiastic early adopter of these kinds of things. No longer - I'll wait to see some user feedback before buying. Did that with the 2016 Apex and very glad I did.

Last edited:

Orcus Varuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm unsure how robust the beta testing of this stuff really is. I never get asked and none of the advanced reefers I know ever get asked ..... maybe they just ask folks that are good at posting youtube videos :D. Anyhow, lots of stuff seems to 'slip' through, so I'd not be confident at all that all the bugs will have been worked out by launch. I am sure they will work them out though. FWIW, I completely agree with the earlier sentiment to let Trident just be a tester (and an alerter). I have found it most unwise to let probes or reagent tests actually dictate the dosing of something.

Couldn’t agree more. Being a frequent traveler for work it would work as an additional alert tool for me allowing me to get someone to go check the tank when I’m away. I would never adjust dosing on the fly with it... The most I would do is turn off my dos until I could get home to evaluate the tank first hand.

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started dosing. This would be nice, but I hear it's rather big. With two dos, ddr, apex, etc. My cabinet is already full and messy. Really someone should sell an Control freak organizer cabinet.

KCSUMPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am waiting for the Trident to be released as well. Does anyone have any new news on the release date? I have signed up on all the standard websites (BRS, Saltwater, Marine Depot, etc) for any news but haven't heard anything...

Zaireguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know Neptune reads all these threads and they cant let anyone know anything
I would think you would want to let everyone know whats going on so some wouldn't buy another product while waiting
Just a thought

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is another thread that says the beta testers still don't have it so that makes a 2018 release very unlikely in my opinion. My honest opinion is that they teased it way early to try to get people to both buy the 2016 version to be ready (I am the guy who fell for that sadly) and to keep people from jumping to the competition who has a product out there that admittedly does not have all the functions trident will allegedly have. Neptune has become very much a marketing driven company since Terrence arrived. Not that there is anything wrong with that at all. I love my Apex, even if trident never is realized in the form it was promised to us. I just hope I have one a year from now!

Zaireguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last bit of news we heard was they was working on a different pump ......
Comon Neptune i need this to be on top of my Christmas list :)

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last bit of news we heard was they was working on a different pump ......
Comon Neptune i need this to be on top of my Christmas list :)

I don’t think they are going to release it this year.
The more I wait the more I fell the whole trident thing was just a push for the Apex 2016. I don’t any one has even beta tested the trident yet so no one really know if that thing even exist.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is another thread that says the beta testers still don't have it so that makes a 2018 release very unlikely in my opinion. My honest opinion is that they teased it way early to try to get people to both buy the 2016 version to be ready (I am the guy who fell for that sadly) and to keep people from jumping to the competition who has a product out there that admittedly does not have all the functions trident will allegedly have. Neptune has become very much a marketing driven company since Terrence arrived. Not that there is anything wrong with that at all. I love my Apex, even if trident never is realized in the form it was promised to us. I just hope I have one a year from now!

I am with you on this. It’s a shame Neptune used this strategy to get more sales. I was a die hard Neptune fan before this. Now not so much. My next controller very likely won’t be a Neptune product.

Zaireguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes i think they where more sales driven for the new apex then to keep people in the loop on the trident

Orcus Varuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Companies get excited and ahead of themselves all the time with product reveals, google glass and the Apple wireless charger are two that come to mind quickly. I would MUCH rather a company fail to deliver a product timely then me be ticked off because my $600 purchase doesn’t work as expected...

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Companies get excited and ahead of themselves all the time with product reveals, google glass and the Apple wireless charger are two that come to mind quickly. I would MUCH rather a company fail to deliver a product timely then me be ****** off because my $600 purchase doesn’t work as expected...

I don’t think google or apple sold anything based on Google glass or the wireless charger? While Neptune sold a ton of the Apex 2016 units because they said you had to have the new model to be able to use the trident. I myself is one.

strike2867

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think google or apple sold anything based on Google glass or the wireless charger? While Neptune sold a ton of the Apex 2016 units because they said you had to have the new model to be able to use the trident. I myself is one.

Although Tesla sold a ton based on autopilot.

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i do not think that was the intention (get more people to buy the Apex 2016) but i do agree that it damages customer loyalty toward a brand when there is complete silence. Understand for APEX to come out now this late and say we goofed and it will take X time will only open the flood gates of competition for others who have been looking at the same tech. So sadly you have look at from both sides. I am annoyed, but not annoyed enough yet that I will use something different even it it became available tomorrow. So in that regard I do think APEX needs to trust in Brand loyalty and provide us an update. I think most people who have an APEX will be more inclined to keep the system and wait some more. Heck we have all been testing 'manually' before the announcement, so we shall continue a lil longer.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back