Apex Trident

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read about ReefBot--where have I been--have to admit it looks pretty interesting especially since it will test more than just the holy trinity. cost is a bit more than I would like but seems like it will do a touch more of the tests (liquid) that I perform regularly. I guess now we sit back and wait to see which one is going to sendup under the Christmas tree. :). Stronger possibility I will sit on the side like till both are released and then buy after the reef community has spoken.

I followed it for a little bit, but practically doesn't make sense for my limited space I have with my tank. I think if they can somehow figure out a way to make it smaller it can be a home run for them. I think the size overall will be a turn off for a lot of hobbyists.

Zaireguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you know i seen videos where they said it would be out before the last rap show that didnt happen
They kinda brought it on their selfs....

Make a big news release at a huge trade show to create buzz a bout a product like the trident.you bet people are going to keep asking about it

Isn't that why you made the big announcement to get people excited and create a buzz?

To get people talking about your product....

Jamie7907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The machine has issues. It’s not finished yet and it’s not manufacturing either. Snapping those little plastic cases together, that there have been pictures of for months now can’t be to hard, I’d imagine 9/10 people over the age of 10 could be taught to assemble these very easily. If they get it figured out by the end of the year great. Personally I use another alkalinity controller and using with a calcium reactor so I won’t change over anyway though I will still buy one to keep an eye on my mag.

Brandon Wilcox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re telling me I don’t have to manual check 3 parameters and I don’t have to lie to my friends about it? I saw it when they first announced the trident. I was super excited. If it does what they say it will...YES PLEASE!! They’ve already made it work, it’s only a matter of time. Patience? All of you tired of waiting, I haven’t upgraded my Neptune. I would be more then happy to purchase yours!!

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re telling me I don’t have to manual check 3 parameters and I don’t have to lie to my friends about it? I saw it when they first announced the trident. I was super excited. If it does what they say it will...YES PLEASE!! They’ve already made it work, it’s only a matter of time. Patience? All of you tired of waiting, I haven’t upgraded my Neptune. I would be more then happy to purchase yours!!

Highly doubt it’ll get to that point of people just selling stuff because of the failure to launch of the Trident (also can read the humor in your response).

People just move to other products and essentially creates a more competitive atmosphere. Better for us all.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The machine has issues.

That does clearly seem to be the case. I shall wait as I'd want to have a properly integrated tool with apex - I just don't need or want another interface to check - although it's really about monitoring for me.

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I followed it for a little bit, but practically doesn't make sense for my limited space I have with my tank. I think if they can somehow figure out a way to make it smaller it can be a home run for them. I think the size overall will be a turn off for a lot of hobbyists.
Do you know the dimensions - or can you tell me where to find them the item looks big in the picture but i assumed it was blown up.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know the dimensions - or can you tell me where to find them the item looks big in the picture but i assumed it was blown up.

No actual dimensions but this to me looks like a computer:

upload_2018-10-15_10-8-24.png

That's pretty big to me.

Brandon Wilcox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Highly doubt it’ll get to that point of people just selling stuff because of the failure to launch of the Trident (also can read the humor in your response).

People just move to other products and essentially creates a more competitive atmosphere. Better for us all.

I agree with you Mitch. I find the way we react to buying equipment funny. I've made many mistakes getting hyped up about a product. I believe Neptune saw a lot of players entering the market and made a business decision to create hype for a product they knew was not ready for market. The key there being they KNEW it was not ready. We hate to wait and they now hate the natural consequences from said decision (us pestering them). I hope more products come to market!!

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha!! Thanks- I think I have space to manage that out of the way :)

Do you know if the Reefbot will test more than the below items:

Alkalinity Test
Calcium Test
Nitrate Test
Phosphate Test

Those are the ones listed on their website. Personally not overly concerned with Calcium/Nitrate/Phosphate. Now if it can test for trace elements, from my POV that is game changing. Not saying the device isn't awesome to begin with either.

Brandon Wilcox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my understanding the Reefbot can test anything with less then 8 reagents as long as they are liquids. So you can use the test kit that you like again as long as it's liquid. If you have 2 test kits with less then 4 reagents each then you can set it for 2 test kits. If you have 2 kits with 3 reagents and 1 with 2 reagents you can check 3 parameters.

https://reefbuilders.com/2018/05/09/reefkinetics-reefbot-is-ready-to-test-any-parameter-you-want/#

The part that sucks is that all the reagents have to be liquid.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at http://www.aquariumextravaganza.com/. I talked with the representatives from Neptune. They replied, somewhat aggressively, the release date is end of this year/beginning of next year. They're currently figuring out the manufacturing process. He said they are tired of answering this same question, so they keep quiet. According to him they've answered at shows and posted videos online, but people just keep asking.

Did you apologize for asking? I guess we have to treat them like god.

Brandon Wilcox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a list of test kits that can be run by the Reefbot.

Salifert - KH/Alk Profi Test

Readsea - KH/Alk Pro Reef Test Kit
- Magnesium Pro Reef Test Kit

Tropic Marin - Phosphate Test

Giesemann - Aquaristic Magnesium Pro Test

Poolmaster - 5 Way Test Kit
- Chlorine test

API Reef Master Test Kit - Calcium Test
- Alkalinity Test
- Phosphate Test
- Nitrate Test

That's more then I initially thought but the limiting factor is only 8 reagents. So you can buy 2 of them for only $800 a piece because I would rather buy a second one then get the newest hottest LED light on the market!!

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The machine has issues. It’s not finished yet and it’s not manufacturing either. Snapping those little plastic cases together, that there have been pictures of for months now can’t be to hard, I’d imagine 9/10 people over the age of 10 could be taught to assemble these very easily. If they get it figured out by the end of the year great. Personally I use another alkalinity controller and using with a calcium reactor so I won’t change over anyway though I will still buy one to keep an eye on my mag.

It is obvious. I suspect they didn’t even have a machine when they first announced they were going to release it this year.

strike2867

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is obvious. I suspect they didn’t even have a machine when they first announced they were going to release it this year.

This thread has really devolved in quality. Neither you, nor Jamie7907, are adding to the conversation.

Neither of you know what goes into building the details of this device. Which means you haven't the slightest clue how to mass produce it cost effectively. Your speculation isn't helping anybody.

Neptune said late this year, or early next year, which makes it roughly a 4 month window. They're not saying 5 years from now. I say patience and benefit of the doubt.

I'm not remotely surprised Neptune doesn't want to take part in these discussions.

Jamie7907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@strike2867 Except I know what I’m talking about and you don’t. There is an issue with the way one of the results is calculated among other issues. My information is direct from Neptune not hearsay so the next time you want to mention me not adding to the conversation maybe you should know what you’re talking about instead of speculating about something you know nothing about. I hope they make it this year, not sure that can happen with the issues they are facing. I personally will be adding one to my tank though just to play with as I’ve had my calcium reactor dialed in for awhile now and have no intention of letting any tester control such an important part of reefing.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread has really devolved in quality. Neither you, nor Jamie7907, are adding to the conversation.

Neither of you know what goes into building the details of this device. Which means you haven't the slightest clue how to mass produce it cost effectively. Your speculation isn't helping anybody.

Neptune said late this year, or early next year, which makes it roughly a 4 month window. They're not saying 5 years from now. I say patience and benefit of the doubt.

I'm not remotely surprised Neptune doesn't want to take part in these discussions.

Bottom line is Neptune had said a lot of things regarding the Trident and so far very few of them have been proven true, if any. I don’t really care what they say at this point, I only care about what they do. Am I unreasonable?
Also this forum exists for reefers to express their opinions, I don’t think my post was aggressive. I have my own opinion just like you do so I would urge you not to turn this thread into personal attack. Thanks in advance.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back