Apex update version 5.05 AB19 issues, Latest version

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just updated my Apex from the last latest version to the next which is 5.05 AB19 and found several issues after the update. First was after updating the Apex, no issues with that, it will kick out an alarm saying your trident is also in need of a update. I then updated that and the issues started. It took several times before the update would actually take. Then I noticed my apex board was missing several things. After a few refreshes it finally came back, but every once and a while things disappear on the fusion screen, a simple refresh and its back. Second, all of the set points I had for the trident, container, container size were missing and it thought it was dumping into a drain. So I had to reprogram the container and size. Third, I am using the controlled dosing, i checked the parameters on that and the Alk and Cal parameters were wrong as well. I had to change the set points on that as well.

So after you update, and you also update the trident, check your parameters and set points.

Last edited:

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Billldg
I was just about to post the same exact thing but saw you beat me to it. I to updated to the new software a few hours ago and I am having the same exact issues you are.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure if they are having problems with their server causing our issues or not.

@Billldg
I was just about to post the same exact thing but saw you beat me to it. I to updated to the new software a few hours ago and I am having the same exact issues you are.

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure if they are having problems with their server causing our issues or not.

yeah, that we don’t know but I do know my tiles are not displaying and I have to kill the app on my phone and go back into it several times before it will display.

waiting for the next update...

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The graphics issue may just be the server, but for anyone that updates and then updates the trident, check your set points and the container as both of mine were erased and I had to program them all over again.

I love my Apex, but I recommend everyone waiting until their server isn't acting up before updating as you could get a corrupted file and update your apex with a corrupted file.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screen shot of mine. No trident is not correct and yes Neptune has been working on it

5C8E0211-0BF6-40CB-8F61-7FE6F54CB3A9.png

Devidthereefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happened to mine as well. Exited out of the app and logged back on and it worked for me

Leto987

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has been hit or miss since last night Tiles not showing graphs . I had to download the update 4 different times last night till it finally fully installed.

SinCityRee4r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This issue with the tiles is also affecting apex classic users in fusion so I am guessing a server issue also. Happens off and on to me yesterday had to log out and in and they eventually came back. These issues with the new apex and it update issues is exactly why my new head end is not installed yet. (Sitting in a box) My classic has been so dependable. I know I will have to eventually upgrade it once they make enough tridents for everyone but i’ll tell you this, I will keep my old faithful classic model as a dependable back up. Hope everyone gets a resolution to the above issue. Please post here once the solution has been found.
Happy Reefing!

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know why people are so eager to immediately do updates. I wait a week or two, so all the bugs are fixed first. I

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know why people are so eager to immediately do updates. I wait a week or two, so all the bugs are fixed first. I
It's not about being so eager to update, its as simple as you see it so you do it. Never had any issue prior to this update so you just don't think much of it. I personally will wait next time though.

Mkeller088

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not about being so eager to update, its as simple as you see it so you do it. Never had any issue prior to this update so you just don't think much of it. I personally will wait next time though.
My update went smooth. As it always does. The difference in mine and other posts is I have no trident. I have everything but.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back