Apex VDM to Kessil cable extender

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jonmf
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jonmf

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 31, 2013
Messages
73
Reaction score
29
Location
Los Angeles.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Question about extending this cable to connect the first light to the vdm module. The longest I can find this cable is 6'. I ran across a cable that I think I can use to extend it but I'm worried about a volt drop or any communication issues for that matter. Any one have any feedback on this?

VDM to Kessil cable.

e43fd8ac7f9cf3908913666a1647132c.jpg


Extender cable

41b5d8739f126d2c90afebcfca209d08.jpg


Thanks!
 
I have tried 25 feet extention cable and it was OK for me. However my cable is a lot thicker than the one you show in your picture
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new