Apex warning (and tank emergency)

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm reading through your OP again and looking for where you asked a question. If you're looking for help with something ask it, as that is what this forum is for. Do you need an alternate means of controlling your heaters, do you need your housekeeper to set your heaters manually? What are you asking for help with?

He is his housekeeper, I think. He said that when his housekeeper unplugged his apex and replugged it in, he got a bunch of messages. Then he said
that he got his first and only alert when he unplugged it himself.

Random guess: bar fell in the water, he had lots of losses and is trying to pressure Neptune to give him something. I cant think of another reason to be making up so many versions of what happened.

He should concentrate on fixing his tank before trying to defame a company

Last edited:
OP
OP
MnFish1

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm reading through your OP again and looking for where you asked a question. If you're looking for help with something ask it, as that is what this forum is for. Do you need an alternate means of controlling your heaters, do you need your housekeeper to set your heaters manually? What are you asking for help with?
The entire tank was without pumps lights heater for several hours there are several dead fish. The apex is not working. 1 is troubleshooting the apex. 2 is what to do to prevent further losses to the tank.

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To prevent further losses to the tank you're going to need to walk your housekeeper through how to manually set the temp controllers on your heaters.

To get the EB8 back up you could possibly contact Apex CS and they could remote in and have a look but for not I would run everything off of manual control

OP
OP
MnFish1

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The heater also has a controller. So there was a fallback. @Amoo i already had the house sitter set the heater to the correct temp. Add prime? Have someone do a water change change carbon or just see how things fall out. Yeah I’m not doing anything to the apex until tam back in town next week

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To prevent further losses to the tank you're going to need to walk your housekeeper through how to manually set the temp controllers on your heaters.

To get the EB8 back up you could possibly contact Apex CS and they could remote in and have a look but for not I would run everything off of manual control

He is home, no? Quick vacation. @Amoo , he is playing a game here. Trying to make up something to get attention from Neptune.

"Additionally the apex only disconnected from fusion when I completely unplugged it myself. That’s when I got my first and only alert."

Last edited:

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the heater with it's own controller currently plugged into the Regular Surge Protector or whatever and operational again?

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have Lights, heat and Flow. I would literally touch nothing else as somebody without the proper experience is not going to be able to give you a good idea of what's going on. You're only viable option may be to "facetime" or something with your house sitter if capable. Outside of that, pull the dead fish, and sounds like everything is working for now that you need for life support systems.

OP
OP
MnFish1

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Alas, the inconsistency in your statements as the story changes leads me to believe that I will be unable able to provide assistance. I am not sure why you are constantly changing what happened.

Statement 1A:

Statement 1B:

So are you your housekeeper?

Statement 2A:

Statement 2B:

If moving devices from a wall outlet to a surge protector fixed the issue, then the device is clearly not the issue.

"Fall back for all outlets is on"

^even your heater? You had your heater set to stay on if it loses communication? Thats an easy way to cook your fish.

TL;DR: changing story, impossible to assist in diagnosis but it appears that there are more factors at play than a simple device failure,.
you know I’m sitting here in Texas trying to answer 15 responses from different people. No I’m not my housekeeper it was obviously a typo. She unplugged it herself. Your kind of snarky replies and sarcasm trying to pick what I wrote apart doesn’t seem to be what this forum is about. I have another person saying I didn’t pose the correct question for a tank emergency. When if you look at the tank emergency thread there are many posts far less emergent with no comment. The only thing that failed was the apex ebb. Whether that fits whatever agenda you have or not. In any case I’m mostly concerned what if anything to do about the remaining hopefully alive thousands of dollars of livestock in the tank. Not debating with you .

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you know I’m sitting here in Texas trying to answer 15 responses from different people. No I’m not my housekeeper it was obviously a typo. She unplugged it herself. Your kind of snarky replies and sarcasm trying to pick what I wrote apart doesn’t seem to be what this forum is about. I have another person saying I didn’t pose the correct question for a tank emergency. When if you look at the tank emergency thread there are many posts far less emergent with no comment. The only thing that failed was the apex ebb. Whether that fits whatever agenda you have or not. In any case I’m mostly concerned what if anything to do about the remaining hopefully alive thousands of dollars of livestock in the tank. Not debating with you .

You literally said "Additionally the apex only disconnected from fusion when I completely unplugged it myself. That’s when I got my first and only alert."

You used the word "myself". And "I" . And "my".
You cant blame this on a typo.

Worry about the tank now, and about making accusations later. You have not even seen the device you are blaming.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MnFish1

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He is home, no? Quick vacation. @Amoo , he is playing a game here. Trying to make up something to get attention from Neptune.

"Additionally the apex only disconnected from fusion when I completely unplugged it myself. That’s when I got my first and only alert."

Im out, Chao. @4FordFamily I dont know what mods do about someone just making blatant false claims like this; read the thread and see what I mean. He unplugged it himself, he is still on vacation. He got many notifications, he only got one. Its just defamation.
I am not at home. I left for Texas Sunday I return next Saturday. I am happy to call a moderator and they can call my hotel lol. Fax a copy of my plane tickets perhaps. I’m
Sorry this post above is completely idiotic. I hope you are banned from this site once your proven weong.

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whether you like me or not I'm trying to help so suck it up and deal with it. I'm also trying to help you save thousands of dollars of things that are alive.

Do you have Flow, lighting and temperature control handled right this second or not?

That is step 1.

OP
OP
MnFish1

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Whether you like me or not I'm trying to help so suck it up and deal with it. I'm also trying to help you save thousands of dollars of things that are alive.

Do you have Flow, lighting and temperature control handled right this second or not?

That is step 1.
I appreciate it. I never said I didn’t like you. In any case. Yes the lights are on and functioning. The pumps are working. The neighbor is coming over in a couple of hours to check the fish and remove any fade ones. I’m also worried about a possible overflowing skimmer which was draining into a bucket outside the tank. But won’t have any more information until after 1 or 2 central time. The house sitter was just checking the house once daily.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TheHarold Please chill man. Let me handle this. I want to try to save things if things are actually at risk of dying.

Yeah, thats priority. Oddly he seems more eager to blame neptune than to fix what is wrong. "Apex warning".... Ill leave.

I don’t doubt that his tank is crashing, just the changing story doesn’t make sense. And that he is so eager to blame the EB8 before actually trying to save his livestock.

I would be trying to save the tank before defaming a company- especially since now he claims that he has not even seen the EB8 or system with his own eyes.

Last edited:

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. How long are you going to be gone for?

2. Do you feel the best bet might be to just unplug the skimmer while your gone? I do.

3. Are you dosing via the Apex, if so how critical is that dosing?

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something else worth considering, You're going to want your neighbor to give you an idea of how much water is now in that skimmate locker. I'm assuming you emptied it before you left. Since it's only been a few days you may consider having him dump what is in there back in the sump as depending on the amount it may have thrown your salinity off, which you can't do anything about now, but at least it will slowly come back in lane as evaporation does it's thing over the next few days.

OP
OP
MnFish1

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The first 2 causualties from yesterday. FWIW. @TheHarold

8F621F95-2C25-47ED-8B5D-047B35FA9783.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please if you're not going to help this member then don't add to the thread as he needs clear quick help. Thanks.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back