Apex went crazy now my lights and powerheads wont connect to Apex or Reeflink

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Im not even really sure what the heck happened.... but i was just doing a water change on my tank and noticed in my apex that it said the Right MP40 was "Missing". this happened last week and i had to completely delete that vortech from the WXM and update the WXM (even though it was at the latest update already) then reattach the pump. so i figured maybe thats what i had to do today as well, but this time it didnt work. So i decided to try the "reset" function on the WXM module page which is where EVERYTHING got all screwed up.
Somehow, the WXM reset EVERY ecotech device in my house, all 7 lights and 4 pumps, even though none of that was originally connected to the apex, only the 2 MP40s on the tank. But now that the apex reset everything, NOTHING works! none of my lights will connect back to the reeflink/ecosmart live even after factory resetting every one of them. in addition to that, now the vortechs that were on the tank wont connect to the WXM either, it keeps giving me failed pairing. ive tried fully deleting the WXM module, re adding it, nothing.

I'm totally lost here and dont know what to do as i now have 3 tanks with no working lights of powerheads.
I'm about to throw a brick through my setup im so mad. :(

OP
OP
GlassMunky

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
???
Hoping Ecotech and Neptune are still taking phone calls

go figure this happens right after I transfer new corals ‍

metzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an issue where an update occurred and for whatever reason, it disconnected from everything. Submitted a ticket and neptune worked me through it. It was like the update file got corrupted and created a new apex and eventually had to set everything up all over again.

OP
OP
GlassMunky

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an issue where an update occurred and for whatever reason, it disconnected from everything. Submitted a ticket and neptune worked me through it. It was like the update file got corrupted and created a new apex and eventually had to set everything up all over again.
Literally the only thing that needs to connect to the apex is 2 MP40s.

I don’t know why or how the WXM wiped all the info off every other Ecotech device in my house. That’s the big issue, cause now none of my 3 tanks have a working light.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 194 71.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back