Apex won’t connect to fusion after power outage

Bill_Moorman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all-

Woke up this morning 300 miles from home to an alert from Heartbeat saying that my apex has failed to connect to fusion.

We had a power outage last night confirmed by asking neighbors. Good thing I have a automatic battery powered air pump set up. Looking at my tank camera, everything looks totally fine.

That being said, the Apex didn’t and hasn’t connected to Fusion since. It’s set up wirelessly. I am sitting in Omaha till 8:40 local time and I’ll be back home by 11pm local time. Everything’s fallback was properly set up so all the life support is good to go.

How can I prevent this from happening again? Thank god this only happened on the last day of my vacation, because I would be going nuts if I had to go three days without knowing parameters.

I am not against hardwiring to the router, but if there is a better option I am all for it.

Thanks in advance!!

Nubbs01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I would suggest some WiFi plugs that you can control remotely.
That should let you power cycle the equipment.

Of course that only does good if your router comes back online.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at your IP on the display.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I go about setting a static IP?
If I remember correctly you do not want it set the static but random and the is the reason fusion cannot see the controller

OP
OP
Bill_Moorman

Bill_Moorman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet. Just landed in CO from Neb. I’ve got a two and a half hour drive home.

Was it likely because the apex rebooted before the router, or vise versa?

OP
OP
Bill_Moorman

Bill_Moorman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I would suggest some WiFi plugs that you can control remotely.
That should let you power cycle the equipment.

Of course that only does good if your router comes back online.

Might be on to something here.

I could plug this into the UPC between the apex and the UPC and that would let me power cycle the whole thing. My only concern is that it’s another failure point.

gcrawford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have my apex on a UPS (backup 12v PS) so it doesn't go off unless there's a lengthy power outage. When my router comes back up the connection picks right up.

OP
OP
Bill_Moorman

Bill_Moorman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked Neptune support if a software update would come out to fix this and they didn’t answer that question, but others that I asked.

My problem is that for some reason we get frequent blips, maybe 2-3 times a month, just short ones that go on and off. Called the power company to investigate but nothing on my end of the system was wrong.

I suppose my best bet is to put a ups on the router.

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a ups this morning for my router. I think I’ll run power to my head unit too then if power goes out I’ll be able to tell

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have my apex on a UPS (backup 12v PS) so it doesn't go off unless there's a lengthy power outage. When my router comes back up the connection picks right up.
This does work but I am not sure how long my big system will run with the power out since it has 2 Cor 15's running I will have to try next week and see

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, Apex rebooted faster than the router. Only way I have seen to fix this is to have the router on a Battery backup or even both the router and Apex head unit on a batter backup
this is the way i fixed the problem, both are on battery backup and as long as my generator kicks on before the battery backup dies all is well.

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the problem seams to be Narrowed Dow to when the power goes out the router boots up faster than the apex so how could I program an outlet so that when power fails it defers 2 mins then power on? Then I can just plug my router into that

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back