apex won't turn fan on

jacksin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used my APEX to turn on a cooling fan that is aimed at my sump to control cooling for probably 3 years. It has stopped working. At first I thought it was a bad outlet on the EB832 so I tried a different channel and that didn't work either. I can manually turn the outlet on and the fan will work, but in auto mode it will not turn on

OP
OP
J

jacksin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t touched the programming
Yes works off the temp probe

OP
OP
J

jacksin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have this going on
IMG_9267.png

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t touched the programming
Yes works off the temp probe
I’ve had a memory failure which erased all the outlet programming on its own, among other things. Others have as well, so there is a remote possibility that has happened so I would at least look at it to rule it out. If the program is good, and the temp probe is reading, try reuploading the program to see if any errors appear. Maybe there’s a communication problem somewhere. Other than that, hopefully someone has a better idea, or email neptune.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I've used my APEX to turn on a cooling fan that is aimed at my sump to control cooling for probably 3 years. It has stopped working. At first I thought it was a bad outlet on the EB832 so I tried a different channel and that didn't work either. I can manually turn the outlet on and the fan will work, but in auto mode it will not turn on
May be a bad resistor. I would plug fan into a household timer
First assure your dashboard does not have an off set for a certain temp. Example would be it plugged into plug #7 and the settings show On at 80 deg and Off at 83 degrees and tank is at 83.7 as an example

OP
OP
J

jacksin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 outlets that continue to turn on and off every day a set times

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 outlets that continue to turn on and off every day a set times
I thought you tried a different outlet and it still didn’t work? Does the fan work on one of the four known working outlets? Does any of the equipment that works on one of those four outlets work or not work on any of the outlets your fan isn’t working on? I’m just throwing things at a dartboard based on the original question. It’s starting to sound like two dead outlets (the two that you plugged the fan into) and that you need a new eb832 although being able to switch things on manually through fusion kinda rules that out imo

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that a screenshot of the coding of the outlet in question is in order. That way we can see what we're dealing with.

The missing display can be as simple as un plugging it and plugging it back in...

Does the display screen illuminate?

Edit: do you have 2 displays? If not, then something wonky happened with fusion and it reassigned the display to place number 3.

Which probably would suggest that the coding of some outlets got changed as well...

A complete reset and reprogram might be in order. Which for you should be extremely easy seeing that you only have 1 eb832.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disp1 is usually a display module, where did that come from? I’m guessing the picture…I can’t read pictures so I probably missed that
There was a screenshot of some devices: Disp_1 (error), EB832_2 (ok) and Disp_3 (ok).

OP
OP
J

jacksin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have 1 display, and it’s working. The fan outlet in question, which does not automatically come on via the temp probe, does work and the fan comes on when the outlet is changes from auto to on

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have 1 display, and it’s working. The fan outlet in question, which does not automatically come on via the temp probe, does work and the fan comes on when the outlet is changes from auto to on
Could we please see the programming?

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a screenshot of some devices: Disp_1 (error), EB832_2 (ok) and Disp_3 (ok).
Oh that’s weird. I doubt there’s two displays but you never know. It sounds like something got corrupted but just not getting all the info

OP
OP
J

jacksin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics of outlet setup

Attachments

• IMG_9269.jpeg
    IMG_9269.jpeg
    229.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_9268.jpeg
    IMG_9268.jpeg
    251 KB · Views: 34

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that a screenshot of the coding of the outlet in question is in order. That way we can see what we're dealing with.

The missing display can be as simple as un plugging it and plugging it back in...

Does the display screen illuminate?

Edit: do you have 2 displays? If not, then something wonky happened with fusion and it reassigned the display to place number 3.

Which probably would suggest that the coding of some outlets got changed as well...

A complete reset and reprogram might be in order. Which for you should be extremely easy seeing that you only have 1 eb832.
Man, it’s nice to finally see another reefer waaaaaaaaay out here on the west side!

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, it’s nice to finally see another reefer waaaaaaaaay out here on the west side!
Where at? I'm 303 and 10. Somehow I've became the local Apex guy. I have so many accts shared with me that sometimes it's a huge burden. Haha

I'll get phone calls or text way past 11pm.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where at? I'm 303 and 10. Somehow I've became the local Apex guy. I have so many accts shared with me that sometimes it's a huge burden. Haha

I'll get phone calls or text way past 11pm.
Wow, I didn’t think there were any reefers around here, especially dedicated control freaks ha. Sounds like we’re pretty much neighbors, I’m in Verrado.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back