OP
OP
kateater

kateater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a better pic, except I had to switch to egg crate because of the heat and it does leave shadows, not the lights fault though lol.
b96d1a8c1100bb9f5f7a2ed0ef63807b.jpg
It might just be the pic but does it look that streaky in person? I'm talking about being able to see the different colors, kinda like a rainbow.

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might just be the pic but does it look that streaky in person? I'm talking about being able to see the different colors, kinda like a rainbow.
No its the pic, and the egg crate isn't helping either. It is definitely not that streaky in person. It looks much better with the acrylic top, but it's too hot here now and I can't do open top with a 2 year old lol. This is my cheapy, spend as little as possible on, tank. In person the par 38 looks exactly like my friends Kessil color wise so for $30 I am pleased:)

OP
OP
kateater

kateater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No its the pic, and the egg crate isn't helping either. It is definitely not that streaky in person. It looks much better with the acrylic top, but it's too hot here now and I can't do open top with a 2 year old lol. This is my cheapy, spend as little as possible on, tank. In person the par 38 looks exactly like my friends Kessil color wise so for $30 I am pleased:)
Figured it was the pic, looks great!

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, it's not too shabby for a tank I don't do much with lol. I think the eBay seller was greenhouse led or something like that if you decide to go that route. It's the one with 12 leds, I think there is an 18 also.

OP
OP
kateater

kateater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, it's not too shabby for a tank I don't do much with lol. I think the eBay seller was greenhouse led or something like that if you decide to go that route. It's the one with 12 leds, I think there is an 18 also.
Thank you, I don't plan to spend much on this one either.

OP
OP
kateater

kateater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I added a few soft corals and shrooms out of my main tank. I also decided not to use the marinepure spheres after reading the post about leaching aluminum, so I added rubble from my 215g sump to the center chamber. My light still hasn't arrived so for now I only have an 8w T5 on it. The shrooms are stretching for light and the Kenya tree is still closed up from being moved along with low light and Bayer dip. The toadstool is opened up but fell over.
image.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good!

OP
OP
kateater

kateater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so my light finally came in today! I can honestly say I'm impressed so far, now if it will grow soft corals.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.8%
Back