Aptasia / Berghia

TL44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently found 1- Aptasia living in my polyp coral. I’ve since isolated that coral and see no evidence of other Aptasia in my tank
I purchased Berghia to eradicate the Aptasia in my coral and was wondering if I should let this natural process take place in my main tank or let it continue in an isolation tank?

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently found 1- Aptasia living in my polyp coral. I’ve since isolated that coral and see no evidence of other Aptasia in my tank
I purchased Berghia to eradicate the Aptasia in my coral and was wondering if I should let this natural process take place in my main tank or let it continue in an isolation tank?
if there is only one aiptasia in there the berghias wont survive very long. It is all that they eat. May be better just to inject it with boiling water or glue it.

OP
OP
T

TL44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if there is only one aiptasia in there the berghias wont survive very long. It is all that they eat. May be better just to inject it with boiling water or glue it.
I was advised to purchase a few per my tank dimensions because the Aiptasia can hide in the rock. Or is that not accurate ?

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was advised to purchase a few per my tank dimensions because the Aiptasia can hide in the rock. Or is that not accurate ?
Yes it is possible, but if you can only see one the berghias are not going to survive for long. If you already ordered them just throw them in and dont worry about it.

OP
OP
T

TL44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a tiny crevice in my green star poly where the Aiptasia housed itself. I didn’t want to apply a glue in there or boiling water in fear of harming the coral.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back