Aqua C Skimmer Help

AlohaJacklyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the AquaC model EV-120. I bought it a while back but never used it because I got intimidated so I had it stored away. I guess they went out of business and I cant find anyone to contact about it.

Does anyone have personal knowledge/experience with this brand and can help guide me through setup and answer a few questions.

20240402_224629.jpg

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the EV-240 (for a number of years now), which I believe is the same style as yours, just different aquarium gallons capacity.
I don’t have the piece with your hand on, and believe that’s the a waste collector in the event the skimmer cup fills up.
I’m using a Mag-12 pump on mine, but they also suggest using a Mag-18. I would guess yours would use the Mag-12 at the most, maybe a a Mag-9.5. Those are what AquaC recommends but you can use something along those lines. Mags uses some electricity. Will give off some heat as well, doesn’t affect my tank temperature though.
The skimmer doesn’t require an air input with the pump. The smaller gray/blue valve is the air input. I keep mine wide open. It will need rinsed out once in awhile because of salt buildup. The larger gray/red gate valve will control the water level in the skimmer. Basically you want the bubbles at the top of the darker bottom base when the pump is running. It will take a few days of breaking in and adjusting at the beginning.
The skimmer can be used in a sump or outside.
I have a hard copy manual of my skimmer (or an EV-180 I once had). I can look for it and can scan it into a PDF if it helps. They basically all work the same except the hang-on skimmers.

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to add, on the back-left is where you would feed the skimmer with a hose from your pump. It’s the black slip-on fixture.

The extra hole on the horizontal surface is a feed from a calcium reactor, if I remember correctly. I’ve never used it, even when I ran a calcium reactor.

mboley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In addition to what everyone else said you may need to raise it up so the water exit pipe is above your sump water level.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 69 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back