Aqua Illumination Schedule Editor

jburnette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After years of attempting to use the AI schedule editor in the app, I finally took some time to put together a little web editor that lets me do what I most often need to do. I thought I'd share it with everyone as a thank you for all the info I've gotten from the forum over the years while lurking around.

It allows you to do the following and then export out a valid schedule for that you can import from the AI app:
  • Import an AIP schedule from the Aqua Illumination website (or wherever you normally get them)
  • Globally shift the schedule forward and backward (to match your daily schedule of when you want your lights on) as well as shift the intensity up and down to make it overall more or less intense (to raise or lower brightness)
  • Add, edit, and delete each point in each spectrum
  • Shift scheduling and intensity overall for a given spectrum
The schedule file is stored locally in your browser so that when you come back later, it will still be loaded up and editable.

1688403180594.png

You can use it at https://jaburnette.github.io/aqua-illumination-scheduler/ (the source code is also available in a public github repo).

Hopefully it helps folks out a bit when managing their schedules. Let me know if you have any issues or questions and definitely please also let me know if you get some usage out of it!

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really wish other manufacturers would allow you to import schedules.

Basically all the manufacturer apps are infuriating to use for designing and refining schedules because all the manufacturers are in love with sliders, which are terrible UI for touch devices.

The worst offender I’ve used is Orphek, adjusting schedules in the Icon app are just about impossible; I spent a good 15 minutes even just trying to edit a single point in my schedule before just giving up and creating a new one (and then having to redo it). And even then, you try to slide any value to 50, for example, lift your finger and it always bounces to 53, 54, 55, etc.

Kessil‘s app far more usable UI, but still has problems.

I haven’t owned an AI light in ages, but I do remember their app being somewhat usable. Managing Nero pumps in it is a delight though.

MikeCRK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After years of attempting to use the AI schedule editor in the app, I finally took some time to put together a little web editor that lets me do what I most often need to do. I thought I'd share it with everyone as a thank you for all the info I've gotten from the forum over the years while lurking around.

It allows you to do the following and then export out a valid schedule for that you can import from the AI app:
  • Import an AIP schedule from the Aqua Illumination website (or wherever you normally get them)
  • Globally shift the schedule forward and backward (to match your daily schedule of when you want your lights on) as well as shift the intensity up and down to make it overall more or less intense (to raise or lower brightness)
  • Add, edit, and delete each point in each spectrum
  • Shift scheduling and intensity overall for a given spectrum
The schedule file is stored locally in your browser so that when you come back later, it will still be loaded up and editable.

1688403180594.png

You can use it at https://jaburnette.github.io/aqua-illumination-scheduler/ (the source code is also available in a public github repo).

Hopefully it helps folks out a bit when managing their schedules. Let me know if you have any issues or questions and definitely please also let me know if you get some usage out of it!

Great stuff!

Is there any chance for a converter mobius <--> AI? I had to switch to modius as I could not find .ai version of it :/

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wish other manufacturers would allow you to import schedules.

Basically all the manufacturer apps are infuriating to use for designing and refining schedules because all the manufacturers are in love with sliders, which are terrible UI for touch devices.

The worst offender I’ve used is Orphek, adjusting schedules in the Icon app are just about impossible; I spent a good 15 minutes even just trying to edit a single point in my schedule before just giving up and creating a new one (and then having to redo it). And even then, you try to slide any value to 50, for example, lift your finger and it always bounces to 53, 54, 55, etc.

Kessil‘s app far more usable UI, but still has problems.

I haven’t owned an AI light in ages, but I do remember their app being somewhat usable. Managing Nero pumps in it is a delight though.
Yeah, their app has quite a bit of room for improvement. It is not forgiving at all.

fendanto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great work! I've essentially written this for my own uses as a CLI app I can pipe changes through. This looks even better!

fendanto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dropped a PR to allow you to change intensity by a percentage instead of just by fixed units, which is super useful for me already. Again, great work!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back