Aqua Illuminations Modular LED light

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cherrycorals is pleased to announce the addition of Aqua Illuminations LED lights to the site.

Seamless control by the GHL Profilux system.
aqua_top_iso_sm.jpg

aqua_bottom_iso_sm.jpg

LED light system complete with external controller, mounting legs, external power supply and active cooling system. Each 12†section consists of 24 LED lamps grouped into a bank of 8 lenses or pods each containing two 6500K Daylight LED lamps and one Blue LED lamp. Blue LED lamps peak at 460nm. Recommended Tank Width: up to 24". Recommended Tank Depth: up to 36" with carefully planned placement of corals. Power Consumption: up to 100W per 12â€. Warranty: 2 Year. (1 Year on Power Supply.)

Features:
1. Intensity is adjustable from 1 to 100%.
2. Color is adjustable from warm white (approximately 6500K) to deep blue (greater than 20000K).
3. Two control settings: Automatic and Manual. In Automatic Mode the sun rises and falls at pre-determined times and the fixture automatically transitions into the corresponding moon cycle for the duration of the 24-hour period. In Manual Mode the light may be set to the desired intensity and color and turned on-off manually.
4. Moon intensity automatically adjusts to follow the actual lunar cycle of ~29 day.
5. Fixture is sealed keeping salt, moisture, dust and dirt away from LED lamps and other internal components. Fixture is cooled by blowing air across heat sinks located above each bank of LED lamps.
6. 100V - 240V Universal Power Supply allows fixture to be used on a wide variety of power sources.
7. Seamless integration with GHL ProFiLux Controllers.

Benefits:
1. Superior Performance – Capable of producing as much light as a 400W metal halide system.
2. Save Energy – Up to 50% versus comparable metal halide system.
3. Low Heat – Generates a fraction of the heat of a comparable metal halide system.
4. Long Lamp Life – Up to 10 years.
5. Multi-Functional - Sunrise, daylight, sunset and lunar light cycles all included.
6. Upgradeable - Modular design allows end user to increase the length of the fixture or to install the latest in LED lamp technology.
7. FULLY CONTROLLABLE BY GHL PROFILUX

Free Ground Shipping in Continental USA

* Dimensions: 12.4" x 6.4" x 2.4" (L x W x H)
* Availability: Built to Order - Usually ships in 1-2 weeks

http://www.cherrycorals.com/home.php?cat=127

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Todd, do you know what the other coverage area dimension is? It says up to 36" deep, 24" wide... Is the length 24" as well? Meaning a 12" section COULD cover a 24x24" area like a 250W halide does?

I have tried to e-mail them, but have not had a response yet.

OP
OP
CherryCorals

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were to guess(and thats all this until I confirm) its actual coverage area would be 24"x18"

The units that I have seen in use had the LED modules mounted 12" front to back and there was excellent light coverage. The display that I observed had two 12" units on a 30" wide tank.

They are sweet units and the fact that you can play with the color without buying different temp bulbs is a definite plus! Add in all of the other features such as the moon light function and low power consumption and I think we have a winner here.

I will be trying these out and will have 4 12" units running on one of my displays at MACNA in August.

OP
OP
CherryCorals

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just confirmed with AI that two units would be perfect for a 24" cube. 1 unit would leave some spots without sufficient light. If you planned on a bommie with corals directly under the AI and lower light corals around it that would be perfect.

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was trying to get out cheap Todd... :p

If a 12" unit would have lit a 24x24 area, then 2 12" units would have been able to do my 90 gallon tank. ;)

That is cheaper then a 48" unit, but I knew that would be to good to be true. Will you have any of these on a tank at your place? I am curious about white balance settings and how a camera "sees" the LED light.

Back