Aqua Knight v2 help

Cheesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone!

I recently purchased 2 of the aqua knight v2's for my 30 long. I am having a hard time trying to figure out what light intensity for each channel and times. Basically just having a hard time programming these all around. I can't find much information on these. Does anyone have these that can help me out?

Tank will just be some zoas, mushrooms and other easy coral. Nothing crazy.

Thanks!

Reefjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever have any luck? I'm currently in the same boat, except 10g nano.

Thanks

Reefjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What light intensity have you been using? Especially for phase 2. From the very little i've found online I was going to start with:

1 5:00 am
Blue: 01
light blue: 05
White: 01

2 12:00 pm
Blue: 50
light blue: 50
White: 50

3 9:00 pm
Blue: 00
light blue: 01
White: 00

Imitate moonlight, is the reasoning for 1/3

Any insight much appreciated!

I'm going to be growing Softies and beginner coral

Reefjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so what I do is blues at 100 and whites at 40. Channel 1 and 3 everything is zeroed out. I start at 11 and end at 11. Just 12 hours.

Awesome! glad to hear thats working well for you! I think you're the first person to put in their intensities for the Aquaknight V2 congrats! haha

Takito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I win! Everything seems to be doing good in my tank under them.

Mine will get here in 2 days and I was kinda nervous because I don't see many reviews. How has it been holding up? What do you have in your tank?

OP
OP
Cheesus

Cheesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask why? Did it fail on you or were corals not making it?
I had some higher end Zoas that were not doing well and I added some SPS. I really wanted the app too I won't lie. They aren't bad lights, but if you are doing anything with medium/high light requirements I would be careful with them

Radicalrob1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone!

I recently purchased 2 of the aqua knight v2's for my 30 long. I am having a hard time trying to figure out what light intensity for each channel and times. Basically just having a hard time programming these all around. I can't find much information on these. Does anyone have these that can help me out?

Tank will just be some zoas, mushrooms and other easy coral. Nothing crazy.

Thanks!

I bought one of these to try out on my 20 long. I already had a gen 1 ai prime. So these two lights I've been using on my tank.

Im impressed with the quality of the light given it was only 99 Canadian dollars. The only thing I don't like is that the mounting bracket is trash lol. It works but holy crap. I used the water bottle cap method to mount them on my rimmed tank.

As far as light I think it's good enough for most corals. I have mine 6 inches above the water as well as my prime. I have an rbta below on the top of my scape and its happy as heck. All my other corals are doing good as well.

I seen a thread/video on the v1 of this light. With blues and whites on 100% it was around 300 or so par about 4 inches below the surface. That's pretty impressive. Another person stated that the v2 would probably be 30% roughly better since it has more power.

The settings I use for my rbta and stylo on the top of my scape

Blue violet and uv at 100
Whites at 40

Surprisingly it still remains sorta blue to the eye, even with the whites that bright. The light is 60 40 blue to white which i think helps

I would definitely reccomend this light to anyone with a shallow tank such as a 20 long or a cube. You can't beat the price and power. It will never be a prime but you can buy 4 of these for the price of one in canada. A prime hd with a mounting arm is 400 here in canada. Anyone with a deeper tank and I wouldn't reccomend it unless your doing mostly softies.

drewwCh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know it's really late but i'd like to share my experience with them as well.

i have mine on 95/95/1 on channel 2 and 0/0/0 on channels 1 and 3. this setting grows zoas well and in less than a month my zoas have grown larger and are starting to spread.

With the white channel a lot higher i have no doubt that it can grow sps too, which i'll soon find out.

ChelmonMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one of these to try out on my 20 long. I already had a gen 1 ai prime. So these two lights I've been using on my tank.

Im impressed with the quality of the light given it was only 99 Canadian dollars. The only thing I don't like is that the mounting bracket is trash lol. It works but holy crap. I used the water bottle cap method to mount them on my rimmed tank.

As far as light I think it's good enough for most corals. I have mine 6 inches above the water as well as my prime. I have an rbta below on the top of my scape and its happy as heck. All my other corals are doing good as well.

I seen a thread/video on the v1 of this light. With blues and whites on 100% it was around 300 or so par about 4 inches below the surface. That's pretty impressive. Another person stated that the v2 would probably be 30% roughly better since it has more power.

The settings I use for my rbta and stylo on the top of my scape

Blue violet and uv at 100
Whites at 40

Surprisingly it still remains sorta blue to the eye, even with the whites that bright. The light is 60 40 blue to white which i think helps

I would definitely reccomend this light to anyone with a shallow tank such as a 20 long or a cube. You can't beat the price and power. It will never be a prime but you can buy 4 of these for the price of one in canada. A prime hd with a mounting arm is 400 here in canada. Anyone with a deeper tank and I wouldn't reccomend it unless your doing mostly softies.
What the heck is the "water bottle cap method?" I'm thinking of trying this light and have a rimmed tank.

Radicalrob1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What the heck is the "water bottle cap method?" I'm thinking of trying this light and have a rimmed tank.
Hey

you place the water bottle caps on the inside of the tank between the screws and under the lip. It’s a pain in the butt but it will let you tighten up the screws to them so it keeps it somewhat tight. Honestly the light is awesome but the bracket sucks for rimmed tanks.

ChelmonMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey

you place the water bottle caps on the inside of the tank between the screws and under the lip. It’s a pain in the butt but it will let you tighten up the screws to them so it keeps it somewhat tight. Honestly the light is awesome but the bracket sucks for rimmed tanks.
Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Mechiel82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know it's really late but i'd like to share my experience with them as well.

i have mine on 95/95/1 on channel 2 and 0/0/0 on channels 1 and 3. this setting grows zoas well and in less than a month my zoas have grown larger and are starting to spread.

With the white channel a lot higher i have no doubt that it can grow sps too, which i'll soon find out.
Hi. Can u give the time recommendations for ure setting? Thanks

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m growing acros a grafted montipora, rainbow monti, fruity pebbles monti, mummy eye chalice, gold wall hammer, branching green/purple hammer, Jason fox Jack o lantern, branching gsp, Rasta zoas, bubblegum Zoas, and three other high end zoas that I don’t know the name of. I have a pretty high end favia and some really nice ricordia and Yuma specimens. I have a an orange/red montipora digi growing as well. This light is running on my smallest tank though. I have it on a fluval 5 gal aio. Skimmer, chemi pure elite, and a wave maker. I dose acro power/ red sea AB+. I have b - ionic as well but I do water changes with good quality salt so often that cal/ mag is never an issue for me. I feed very heavy with reef roids and mysis. Everything is thriving. I wanted to test out this light and it’s doing a great job!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back