Aqua link ADP Protein skimmer

treeman14307

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 9, 2023
Messages
10
Reaction score
38
Location
Chattanooga,TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the vt2560 from aqua link and I barely understand how the skimmers work. I understand the venturi part, but I have no clue as to what size pump I should put on this, why it's pumbed with a second fitting or what direction it should be pumping . I know nothing basically.

20230630_234022.jpg
 
They did not tell you? contact them They SHOULD recommend pumps if they were properly tested> Good Luck.
 
How's it working? I'm about to purchase one myself. They have instructions for it on their website at https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/ba766545-cfea-47de-92bc-f27b9077758a/downloads/VT 2560 Set Up Instructions Venturi Protein Sk.pdf?ver=1612735670921

I read thru a few time and what the other videos on youtube they have. Still seems confusing, once I have in hand I will hopefully figure it out...but is it working good for you?
Honestly I haven't set it up yet. Had some family health issues and been running 2 aqua clears.
 
I bought the vt2560 from aqua link and I barely understand how the skimmers work. I understand the venturi part, but I have no clue as to what size pump I should put on this, why it's pumbed with a second fitting or what direction it should be pumping . I know nothing basically.

20230630_234022.jpg
It's quite simple really. There is influent plumbing, (smaller diameter pipe) & effluent (larger diameter pipe). The beauty of Aqua-Link ADP skimmers is they DO NOT require to rest within a sump. This allows multiple set up configurations. Providing you have a water source with pressure equivilent to approximately 350 gph and install the unit close enough to evacuate into a wet dry filter, refugium sump, or simply hang it onto the perimeter of an aquarium. Since it includes its own influent control valve it does not require a dedicated water pump. I've seen many installations that just tap into the main system circulation pump for an influent water source. One of the many benefits of this brand, is that it's designed to use standard pvc parts so you can tweek to your particular installation preferences. Aqua-Link ADP has the only true "EZ Tune" "Set it & Forget it" protein skimmers available. The black gunk these things extract is unbelievable. Your photo appears to show the smallest of several sizes they make. I,m certain you will like it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new