AquaBiomics Test results

Muffin87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The owner of aquabiomics said in this youtube interview that you can dose live mud to improve biome diversity.

One such product is Aquaforest Life Source.
But I believe there's at least another two similar products in the US.

That's just mud. It's as far from a chemical as you can get.

Muffin87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, dr tim's eco balance claims to be able to outcompete pathogenic bacteria. Particularly, vibrio.
Some people have had good experiences with it contrasting fish disease and STN,.
You can look for reviews online and decide for yourself if you wanna give it a try.

Freddy0144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, I know this thread is a little old, however, I have seen quite the uptick in aquabiomics presence in the youtube circuit recently. I was wondering if you found resolution to the coral issue you were having? and what your solution was a few months ago.

I just ordered the kit to get a baseline of the tank despite being a few months old.

In the videos that I have seen through BRS and others like Reefbum it seems that Cipro can be used for certain pathogens.

Thanks for your response.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's just mud. It's as far from a chemical as you can get.

No chemicals in mud. It’s made entirely of dark matter. lol

OP
OP
N

Nomorenames

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, I know this thread is a little old, however, I have seen quite the uptick in aquabiomics presence in the youtube circuit recently. I was wondering if you found resolution to the coral issue you were having? and what your solution was a few months ago.

I just ordered the kit to get a baseline of the tank despite being a few months old.

In the videos that I have seen through BRS and others like Reefbum it seems that Cipro can be used for certain pathogens.

Thanks for your response.
Not at all. I am still battling Dinos at the moment. Never heard back from Aquabiomics about the pathogens. ‍♂️ I have just kept on chugging.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not at all. I am still battling Dinos at the moment. Never heard back from Aquabiomics about the pathogens. ‍♂️ I have just kept on chugging.
Did you make sure to send the correct test?

OP
OP
N

Nomorenames

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you make sure to send the correct test?
Yes. I have sent emails and DMs to all the contacts they have listed on their website and social media. IDK. Maybe others have had a better customer experience. Mine wasn't bad just wanted some extra information. IDK just have gave up on it.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes. I have sent emails and DMs to all the contacts they have listed on their website and social media. IDK. Maybe others have had a better customer experience. Mine wasn't bad just wanted some extra information. IDK just have gave up on it.
I mean - (and it's been a while since I looked at it) - there is more than one test. You would need to order the tankDNA test - as compared to the microbiome test. I also have had some difficulty getting a hold of them - but eventually it happens

Muffin87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No chemicals in mud. It’s made entirely of dark matter. lol
Obviously, I was using the word chemical as shorthand for chemical agent or concentrated substance obtained through a refining process.
The smart peach remark was uncalled for.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen a lot of skepticism about aquabiomics, but this customer service point you raised is the first issue that actually concerns me. Information without interpretation or guidance is just dangerous.

The rare coral pathogen issue that was brought up in your OP may really be worth looking into. Unfortunately, as is the case with bacterial pathogens that cause illness in people, the treatments are more like sledge hammers than scalpels. There is the possibility that you could outcompete the pathogen with some added bacteria (mud? IDK) but the introduced bacteria would probably be more effective if there were a massive disruption to the microbial community (e.g. antibiotics). People use chemi-clean (erythromycin) pretty routinely, and systemic Cipro (ciprofloxacin) a little less regularly. If I'm not mistaken the folks from aquabiomics discussed using systemic low dose Cipro to eradicate brown jelly disease. The point is that there are antibiotics available, but you need to know which class of antibiotics to use. Different antibiotics go after different classes of bacteria. It would be nice if the aquabiomics people could tell you which antibiotics they think these pathogens would be susceptible to.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obviously, I was using the word chemical as shorthand for chemical agent or concentrated substance obtained through a refining process.
The smart peach remark was uncalled for.

I meant the point seriously, though I did try to do so with a sense of humor. Too many people make wholly artificial distinctions between chemicals and other materials as if that has a meaning. As you did. It does not have any meaning, except to expose the biases of the author against whatever they believe is a chemical.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back