Aquacontroller 3 power supply

Discussion in 'Aquarium Controllers' started by Torx, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Torx

Torx Active Member

I have a friend looking to give his old Aquacontroller 3 to someone who is getting into the hobby. He can not find or been able to buy the power cable. I can make him one, but I do not know all the specs. I know it is a mono stereo plug, but does anyone have one who can get the details off the brick and confirm the jack +/-?

2. Ranjib

Ranjib Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor

I was not able to find a lot of information. Best to drop an email to neptune system and ask them for the specs. I think its a 12v, 2.1mm barrel jack based thing.. but I'm not sure.

3. Torx

Torx Active Member

Thank you. I sent a request today to Neptune but they are sometimes reluctant to offer DIY assistance.

4. Torx

Torx Active Member

I did find that the controller is actually uses 9 volts, it is listed in the manual. My assumption is that the tip is positive and the sleeve is negative as that it typical for those barrel jacks. I just do not want to mess anything up as it is not mine.

5. Drauka99

Drauka99 Active Member Build Thread Contributor

I'll try to remember to look when I get home tonight. the controller is in storage and we have a new dog in the house so it might take me a bit to remember.

Draft saved Draft deleted