aquactinics not lighting up

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a new 5 bulb aquactinic fixture, but only the bulbs 2 and 4 are lighting up. I rotated the bulbs around and they all turn on fine, so I'm thinking it's the fixture's problem.

Did anyone else have a problem like this before? Or should I be contacting the vendor for a replacement fixture.

Switch 1 seems to only turn on the fans
Switch 2 seems to only turn on the bulbs 2 and 4.

Any help would be apprecieated,

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like it might have a bad connection, how many ballasts fire 5 bulbs? If you were to take it apart you might be able to locate the problem, but it might mess with your warrenty....

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just 1 internal ballast i believe. I'm going to take it to a local hardware store tomorrow to get some help on it. If I can fix it myself, I rather avoid the warranty... it looks to be so much of a hassle and I need this light to go up asap. :(

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think if only one ballast then you may have some wires that came loose. Let us know how it goes

GeoB

The Water Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you make out with your Aquactinic fixture? I purchased their Solar Flare, 6-tube t-5 and had the same problem. The 2 tube 430IC ballast kept getting fried. I dealt with IC for the pre-warrantee issues (wiring, continuity, end connectors, ballast) and their customer svc was great. I got a lesson on troubleshooting over the phone with their svc guy, again a great experience. Yes this all took time, but I wasn't under the gun. Eventually I had to send it back, but the end result was favorable. I love this fixture! I'm still experimenting with different lamp configurations. At first I was more than a little disapointed that I had to go thru all that, but the lesson was worth it and I feel comfortable and more knowledgable about servicing it myself if needed to again.

Back