Aquaforest PRO BIO F Dosing & Probiotic Question

Reef Psychology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently got Pro Bio F and the instructions say 1 Spoonful per 100 liters. What’s a “spoonful“; tsp, tblsp or some other measurement of grams/day? And if it is full spoons of those why do they sell it in such a tiny container? I could purchase a $100 doser and 2000 mL of Nitraphos Minus for 1/3 as much over a year.

And are there any advantages in bacterioplankton proliferation touted in Pro Bio F over feeding bacteria via carbon dosing? And if there is, would it be advised to “seed” the tank with the freeze dried bacteria in Pro Bio F for a few days to kick start the process then start Nitraphos Minus to to feed them?

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently got Pro Bio F and the instructions say 1 Spoonful per 100 liters. What’s a “spoonful“; tsp, tblsp or some other measurement of grams/day? And if it is full spoons of those why do they sell it in such a tiny container? I could purchase a $100 doser and 2000 mL of Nitraphos Minus for 1/3 as much over a year.

And are there any advantages in bacterioplankton proliferation touted in Pro Bio F over feeding bacteria via carbon dosing? And if there is, would it be advised to “seed” the tank with the freeze dried bacteria in Pro Bio F for a few days to kick start the process then start Nitraphos Minus to to feed them?
Pro Bio F comes with a tiny scoop in the box...it is a carbon source (i think brown sugar) and also the bacteria included

OP
OP
Reef Psychology

Reef Psychology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, really small little spoon...it'll make sense when you see it
I opened and pored out the whole contents and nothing. No spoon in the box or in the container.

Can you post a pic of the spoon so I can get an idea of how much 1 spoon is? Or how much 25g treats so I can calculate the entire dosage? I don't want to nuke my tank with this thing.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to be sure you found the right stuff, here's a pic...btw,I'm personally a fan of the product as it's designed for small tanks...im sure you've already read all about carbon dosing but just to remind you, make sure you don't overdo it and monitor your nutrient levels since it is a form of carbon dosing IMG_20220501_155532.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 90 46.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 44.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 18 9.3%
Back