Aquaforest reef salt. Yay or nay.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2021
Messages
6,175
Reaction score
10,392
Location
Mile Square City
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi. I switched to Red Sea blue after the tm pro issue. I would have tried Aquaforest reef salt but it wasn’t an option at the time. I now see it readily available from BRS. My luck I just grabbed a new sack 200g worth of RS. I like the fact the AF batches are tested and have the results on their website. Parameters seem close to where I run my reef. I find the RS Blue lacking in Mg. May just get it and pass the RS along. Appreciate any opinions. Ty.
 
Hi. I switched to Red Sea blue after the tm pro issue. I would have tried Aquaforest reef salt but it wasn’t an option at the time. I now see it readily available from BRS. My luck I just grabbed a new sack 200g worth of RS. I like the fact the AF batches are tested and have the results on their website. Parameters seem close to where I run my reef. I find the RS Blue lacking in Mg. May just get it and pass the RS along. Appreciate any opinions. Ty.

You will love this salt!
I used it since 2016, but switched off due to availability. I will be going back after my bucket of rs blue. The mixed parameters are ideal for sps, usually between 7.0-8.0dkh, 400-420 ca, and 1350+ for mg. Mixes in 5 minutes crystal clear
 
Brother thinking of changing to the Aquaforest reef salt did you change yet and what do you think
 
Hi. I switched to Red Sea blue after the tm pro issue. I would have tried Aquaforest reef salt but it wasn’t an option at the time. I now see it readily available from BRS. My luck I just grabbed a new sack 200g worth of RS. I like the fact the AF batches are tested and have the results on their website. Parameters seem close to where I run my reef. I find the RS Blue lacking in Mg. May just get it and pass the RS along. Appreciate any opinions. Ty.
Ive used it and really liked it, just had a problem acquiring it
 
I use blue bucket as well and I want to go for it as well but concerned BRS will dump it again if it doesn’t sell well.
 
It’s on sale right now gonna buy a few bags if they cary their aquariums like which seems to sell well I am sure they will keep the salt hopefully
 
Just made a purchase of the Aquaforest 50 gallon bag from BRS. Been using ReefCrystals. Been pretty good but I’ve been hearing good things about this and figured to give it a test run since my ReefCrystal barrel is almost finished.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new