Aquaforest Stone Fix - will it fall apart?

LC8Sumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

1.5 years ago I've glued my reef together with aquaforest stone fix. Nothing else, no rods, no zip-ties, etc. It has been holding up pretty fine until now.
My concern is that I've read somewhere, that some have experienced issues with this cement falling apart down the road (2-3 years), and now that my corals are big and I'm trying to frag them (which means I'm hitting them, breaking off parts) I have some small panick attacks about cracking the cement, and the reef falling apart & bursting the glass - especially a couple days later when I'm not at home..

What are your thoughts on this? Should I break down the tank and start over, as I really can't see any other options for 100% preventing disaster from happening?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

1.5 years ago I've glued my reef together with aquaforest stone fix. Nothing else, no rods, no zip-ties, etc. It has been holding up pretty fine until now.
My concern is that I've read somewhere, that some have experienced issues with this cement falling apart down the road (2-3 years), and now that my corals are big and I'm trying to frag them (which means I'm hitting them, breaking off parts) I have some small panick attacks about cracking the cement, and the reef falling apart & bursting the glass - especially a couple days later when I'm not at home..

What are your thoughts on this? Should I break down the tank and start over, as I really can't see any other options for 100% preventing disaster from happening?
Unless you have very thin glass a falling rock is very unlikely to break it. The water prevents it from falling fast enough to create much of an impact.

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

My concern is that I've read somewhere, that some have experienced issues with this cement falling
<SNIP><SNIP><SNIP><SNIP>

Wondering how your Stone Fix held up and if you've had any issues related to it...

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well at 1.5 years ago you coral has probably covered most of the rock and is now holding it together... maybe.. you grow hard corals?

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Dvanlier05 & LC8Sumi for the input! I'm trying to decide between it and Splash Zone 2-part epoxy...

frankietbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Aquaforest stone fix and it was a disaster...I ended up breaking down the entire tank and scraping it off the rocks

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back