Aqualink S1 controller for Jebao wave pumps

armetas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that most of the forum does not like Jebao production, but recently I purchased Aqualink S1 controller for my Jebao RW pumps and I could share my toughs about it if you are interested :) Let me know if I can proceed :)

edosan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqualink is not Jebao, is Coral-box so go ahead ;)

OP
OP
armetas

armetas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So finally I‘ve received new Aqualink S1 controller for Jebao pumps. I‘ve RW-15 so they will be used for them. It always was my dream to control everything through mobile phone or tablet. Now it became a reality.

First of all package that I’ve received – it looked like really good (not cheap) controller:

s1_1.jpg

Controller is quite small, a bit bigger than original one, but it has 2 mounting options:

• Hang on
  • By sticky connectors
s1_2.jpg

Ok, let’s get to the real stuff now:

Connection:

It is so easy to connect, you just plug your pump with new controller and that’s it – it is working.

Next what you need to do is connect to Aqualink Wireless connection and go to mobile app – AQUALINK.

That’s it – all your pumps are shown there, and you can begin with controlling them J Maybe it is too easy? J But I like what they did.

Control:

This controller has more options of the flow. It has 6 predefined flow options:

1. Normal mode (constant power)
  2. Pulse mode (Wave flow)
  3. Reef Mode (random constant flow) – it is good for making storms in aquarium
  4. Natural mode – pretty similar to Reef Mode but is it more gentle
  5. Mix mode – it is random flows (like all the options combined to one) – suits for storms in aquarium
  6. Gyre mode – this is quite interesting as it has intervals of flow power:
    • 1st 15 minutes
    • 2nd 15 minutes
    • 3rd 15 minutes
    • 4th 15 minutes
So the flow changes every 15 minutes as you specify.

All possible predefined flows:

s1_3.jpg

The one that I’m using currently is Pulse mode. Worth to mention with this controller you have the ability to precisely control On/Off time (precision is 0.1 sec). And what is important you can go below to 0.1 sec pulsing. It is really amazing J For my reef I use 0.6 sec intervals and I’m satisfied with it.

App manual control looks like that:

s1_4.jpg

Sound:

I don’t know what they did but with this controller my pumps from noisy became quite silent. Sound of the pump is almost not hearable even at full speed of the pump. That is really amazing.

Nigh Mode:

Now you can set night mode when you want – no more light sensor (which was really a not usable). Now it is enough to set Time when night starts and time when the night ends + flow percentage. That’s it. And flow is reduced step by step, not right away – less stress for fishes and corals.

Schedule:

It is my favorite part here J

With this feature you can make a plan for 24 hours how pumps should work, each hour/minute can have different type of the flow and different strength of the flow.

For example:

• From 10 pm to 8 am have calm flow
  • From 8 am to 1 pm have waves
  • From 1 pm to 2 pm have storm
  • From 2 pm to 10 pm have waves again
So basically you can have what you want J

And great thing is that once you make it for one pump you can copy the same schedule to another pump J

App screen for schedule looks like that:

s1_5.jpg

Synchronization:

Finally – synchronization works. With standard RW controllers it was quite hard to synchronize the flow of few pumps. Now it seems that they are working in sync.

Conclusion:

Advantages:

• Good build quality
  • Less sound from pumps using this controller
  • More options (fully customizable flow)
  • Enhanced night mode
  • Synchronization works fine
  • Easy connection
  • Scheduled feeding mode
Disadvantages:

• Quite high price for 1 controller

edosan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! Thanks for sharing
Already waiting for it.
Do you have a clue when C-B will launch the T1 controller?

Last edited:

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So on the schedule mode, can you tell it specific variables, such as pulse 7 seconds on, 3 seconds off, at 70%?

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On schedule mode you can specify time, mode and power. Pulse cannot be customized yet.
Thanks Armetas. So to clarify, you can only adjust which preset mode it uses, how much power you want it to use, and duration of time. But you can't program it like my Apex would, where you can tell it to turn on at 100% power for 7 secs, then down to 30% for 3 secs?

edosan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you know how many RW pumps you can connect to one S1 Contoller? 3 master and N slaves?

Physically you can connect 1 master, and via wifi 3 master? (4 in total?) or just 1 master and the rest slaves?

Last edited:
OP
OP
armetas

armetas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Physically you can connect one pump to 1 S1 controller. Each pump must be connected to S1 controller in order to control them. Once they are connected you can control up to 3 pumps.

edosan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I will figure it out this week when my controller arrives but don´t get it just yet. In the mean time I still have some doubts.

Physically you can conect 1 pump to s1 controller...ok perfect.
On the other hand, you have 3 rw wm on 1 tank (for example).
Let´s forget about the S1 for a second, in normal config I can setup 1 wm as Master and the other 2 as slave (or more, I have try 1 master and 5 slaves with no problems with standard controller).
So If I conect the S1 to the master, the other 2 ... n, will remain as slave with no problem?
And what you are saying is that for every Master WM you need a S1 controller and with the App you can control 3 different Master WM conected to S1 controller each. or not?

Or

Is exacly as you say, every pump needs the s1 controller? without S1 controller is not possible to master or slave control a wavemaker? so if you have 4 RW -15 in 1 tank, you need to get 4 S1 controllers? and you can control only max 3 pumps...is that right? So basically the S1 controller is an individual controller for each pump? that replace the estandar one?

Last edited:

Robx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, just picked up the s1 and I think it's awesome. Love the ability to set precise schedules.

I do have a couple questions though. I'm currently using mine with a reef angel controller. When I set my tank to feed mode it will shut off the jebao (cut AC power). When the power returns the pump connected to the s1 seems to go into a low flow mode and does not resume the schedule - have you noticed this?

I've also noticed that the pump will occasionally just shut off and will not resume schedule until I set a manual mode and then re-update the schedule mode. I haven't been able to figure out what causes this yet.

MPSchenck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I currently have an RW-4 and would like to add this controller and another RW-4 to my JBJ 30g rimless.
Physically you can connect one pump to 1 S1 controller. Each pump must be connected to S1 controller in order to control them. Once they are connected you can control up to 3 pumps.

Can you elaborate on this please? I don't really understand how the multiple connections are made.

OP
OP
armetas

armetas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Math is simple, if you have 2 pumps - you need 2 controllers S1. Each can control only 1 pump (same as standalone controller). When 2 pumps are connected to two S1 controllers - you are connecting though Wifi to both of them. App supports up to 3 pumps connected to one Wifi network. Hope that this is a bit clearer

Tim Esquilin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I control 4 different pumps on 2 different tanks??? I have 2 RW15's on my 180 and I have 2 RW8's on my 75 gallon which are now being controlled by 2 AquaLink S1's. How do I control the RW15's on my 180 gallon with 2 additional AquaLink S1's??? SEPARATELY??? From the 75 gallon???

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back