Aquarium advice....

Dennis2213

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
I'm at the stage now where I have outgrown my 60 gallon glass box tank. I am currently on the market for a true reef tank with overflows and a sump. The tank that I currently was looking for was the Red Sea, but everybody has given me horror stories about leaking issues and blowouts. How was strongly considering the water box, the model similar to the Red Sea I was looking at but I'm concerned being that it's such a newer product. My local LFS suggested to look into aqueon's mega flow tank. They stated they have a lifetime warranty and are very dependable. I would really like you guys's help when it comes to this being that I'm new to the game and don't know much about tanks and dependability. I'm currently looking for 160 to 180 gallon tank. I want to take that will be dependable for the long haul basically be my forever tank. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a custom 150 built (two of them, actually— very happy with them), but had I gone off the shelf I was also seriously considering the Aqueon 180 megaflow.

kkelly007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the Red Sea “blowout” is an urban legend. They are very high quality tanks made to exacting standards. Like anything in today’s connected world, there are likely a few real/tough stories, and several trolls. RS did have an original issue with center bracing on one of their stands (I think on the 750), but that is long since rectified. I’ve owned a Red Sea P500 for a year and a half and would not hesitate to buy another—very happy customer.

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
I'm at the stage now where I have outgrown my 60 gallon glass box tank. I am currently on the market for a true reef tank with overflows and a sump. The tank that I currently was looking for was the Red Sea, but everybody has given me horror stories about leaking issues and blowouts. How was strongly considering the water box, the model similar to the Red Sea I was looking at but I'm concerned being that it's such a newer product. My local LFS suggested to look into aqueon's mega flow tank. They stated they have a lifetime warranty and are very dependable. I would really like you guys's help when it comes to this being that I'm new to the game and don't know much about tanks and dependability. I'm currently looking for 160 to 180 gallon tank. I want to take that will be dependable for the long haul basically be my forever tank. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I strongly suggest looking into a Cade sold at Algae Barn. A tank ( glass) is a tank but your real long term problem will b the stand. Nothing compares to theirs. Plus I found the double weir awesome. Look at all the main seller's, red sea, wateebox, and all others but in terms of cost value and quality materials the cade stands alone in the stand dept. Good luck n have a great build, whatwveru choose

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back